little things

Magsimula sa umpisa

Risa smiled thinking of her Pangga, "I'd like to think she does it for me. Kasi mahal niya ako."

Pia smiled at that. Her Ate's clearly so in love and when Leni came back and planted a kiss on her Ate's cheek, she could tell Leni feels the same way.

Risa being more affectionate doesn't mean Leni isn't. Mas open lang talaga si Risa with her affection. Leni's affection is more in the form of kind gestures/acts of service. Between the two of them, Leni would be the one to make sure that Risa has everything she needs for her workday the next day.

Leni would be up early in the morning to cook breakfast. She'd make sure to have Risa's staple food which is oats topped with whatever dried fruit that they have. When she has the time, she'll garnish the oats using the dried fruits with short messages like: "I <3 U", "ILY", heart shapes, a kissy face, or simply a good + sun to greet Risa a good morning. Risa would beam at her then, kissing her as a thank you, and would then take a photo of her oats.

Whenever she can, she'd drive Risa to her office. Sometimes, despite her busy schedule, she'd squeeze in fetching Risa or driving her around QC. Risa would insist that she can drive herself or that she can ask her driver to drive her around but Leni would insist that she likes doing it. Likes driving her around because it meant spending time with her despite them doing nothing and literally just her driving Risa around to do her errands.

Leni would be the one to text and call Risa during work hours, just to check on her. Ask her whether she had already eaten lunch or merienda. Sometimes when Risa would insist that she doesn't have the time to, or that she would probably have to either skip lunch or eat at a later time, Leni would then have food brought over. Sometimes, she'd drop them off herself.

She'd be the one to lend her jackets/blazers whenever Risa gets cold. The one to open bottles of Sanmigs or Tanduay Ice for her during their night outs. A ready and steady hand on standby whenever Risa would get tipsy and couldn't walk straight. She's the one who would remember to bring a blanket whenever they'd stay on their veranda at night because she knows how much Risa gets cold easily. She saves the newspaper sections Risa likes to read, especially the crossword puzzle every Sunday. She makes sure to only answer a few questions and pretend that she doesn't know and needs her help instead so that they could finish it together -- which, of course, Risa loves doing.

***

Most common argument?

They usually get into an argument when their workaholic selves kick in. It is no secret that they are both dedicated to their work. They love their jobs and the work that they do but oftentimes it would also be the cause of their arguments.

Whenever they'd get into their work mode, they'd mostly forget about themselves. Neglecting their health in the process and that's when their arguments would start. Mostly it was born out of concern, madalas nga lang nauuwi sa tampuhan o di kaya sagutan pag nagsimula na silang mag-usap.

Risa has this bad habit of skipping meals. Whenever she'd get into her work mode, it would seem that she would also forget about her appetite. So, that's when Leni comes in. She'd call to check up on her lalo na pag-alam niyang her day involves attending hearings or whenever she's drafting a new bill.

During their earlier years, Leni made the mistake of calling Risa directly to check up on her. At first, Risa finds it sweet and cute. However, as the weeks drag on and her days got longer, Risa lashed out at her. Telling her that nakakaistorbo siya. She was, of course, hurt. She immediately apologized for caring before abruptly dropping the call. Risa tried calling her again but after 5 tries her phone stopped ringing.