Chapter One: Not My High School...

Start from the beginning

"You're a Bears fan, huh?" Stephan asked, pointing o my jersey. Thankfully I got to keep my wardrobe from when I was twenty.

"Yeah, but Hockey's more my game." Miranda eyed me up, interested. Got her back already. We started talking about our favorite teams. "Where are the parties in this town?" I asked, knowing that would get everyone's attention and rack up my cool points. Stephan led us to the rest of the not-so-secret stoners.

"Ooh, he's cute." Crystal muttered to me. I looked in the direction she was referring to. Holy High School Musical Zac Efron! Was he really that hot back in the day?! No way! No way in Hell!

He looked at me. My face contorted in confusion, heartbreak and disgust. The boy I wanted to hate more than I hated Jake looked at me like he should know who I was but couldn't remember.

"Actually, I'm going to go see what's for breakfast..." I bolted, not caring about popularity. Not caring about bridges burned, just wanting to leave right now! I heard him behind me, trying to get me to stop. Come on, long legs, keep up-actually don't. Stay where you are! I walked faster and broke into a pathetic jog. No. No. No! When I got to the cafeteria I cried.

"You okay?" Sabryna asked. I turned.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Uh... no. Should I? Paul sure knows you."

"You know Paul but not me?" That hurt, but I understood. Nalina warned me after all...

"He's a friend of a friend. I'd run from him too, don't worry. You're not alone. But your friends still like him." Crystal! Miranda! I could not let them fall for his lies again! I couldn't fall for his stupid lies again! I groaned.

"Oh no... not again." I buried my face in my hands.

"Just stick with us. He won't talk to you if you're by me." True. Thank God! But the girls!

"Thanks, I'm Mindy."

"I'm Sabryna. This is Sadie." Sadie looked a bit awkward. I smiled at her to show her the new girl didn't bite. She gave a small smile in return. The bell rang just as I opened my mouth to speak. First class, English. I knew my way around but let Sabryna and Sadie guide me.

Unfortunately I didn't have class with either of them. But I wasn't alone. I had Stephan... and Jake. But that was okay, they made class pretty interesting. And now that I didn't like Jake and actually knew how to talk to guys without stuttering like a loser, we all got along greatly. While we were taking notes I realized my pink pen was going to get me yelled at by the Pen Nazi. She wasn't really an English teacher. She was the History teacher, originally... This universe was weird I poked the guy in front of me. "Can I have a pen, before the Pen Nazi attacks? I usually have a pen on me constantly-" Oh no. I was too busy rambling like Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls to realize who I asked! It wasn't Aaron Samuels. Some one less cute and tons more math-stupid.

I knew those shoes from anywhere! They looked better brand new then what they did back when I dated him. He turned.

"I only have a pencil left, does this work?" Paul asked.

"Uh...." I stammered. "Thanks." Stephan whistled and howled. I glared at him. Paul and Jake smirked.

"Wouldn't want the Nazi's to get you." He winked at me. That damn charm! I was trapped.

"Can I have one?!" An annoying, yet familiar face practically screamed. Paul's face contorted. I knew exactly what he was thinking and it wasn't exactly appropriate to put in print.

"Uh...... fresh out."

"Dammit." Chanel said.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Paul asked, looking at me.

"No."

"Where you from?"

"Chicago." I lied.

"That explains it." Stephan said, referring to my jersey and love for parties.

"Oh... you look so familiar." He reminded me of Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid, except I liked the Prince a lot better!

"You don't. But thanks for the barely there pencil." It was chewed on so badly. He looked embarrassed.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, my cousin has anxiety and does the same thing." He gave a weak smile. "I'm assuming that's what you have? Nothing to be ashamed of." He nodded and turned back around.

When class ended, Miranda came by me. "He's cute, huh?"

"Ew. No. Defiantly not your type. Trust me." I informed her of things about him that she couldn't stand. "Try for Jake instead." She made a face.

"He's just a friend."

"That you liiike." I teased.

"How do you know?"

"I can read people." Next class was theater. I had it with Sadie. She was super quiet, which was never normal for her.

I sat between her and another old theater-buddy, Seth. Unfortunately they didn't know me and I had to play the role of the newbie. Thankfully it wasn't hard because Seth was much more interested in the new me than what he was with the old, annoying Mindy. My very first impression of him, several years ago was he scared the shit out of me. The old me was an annoying loser, the new-girl was something else. Surprisingly, even though we annoyed the hell out of each other back then we ended up being great friends.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

"Chicago." He looked at my jersey.

"Explains the bold fashion statement. How many people hazed you?" I shrugged.

"Not as many as I'd hoped would." Sadie looked at me.

"You like to draw attention?" She asked.

"I'm not in theater to paint sets." She stayed quiet. I came off bitchy, I didn't intend to... "Otherwise I'd be in Darbus's Detention." I referenced one of her favorite actor's most famous movie.

"'What time is it?'" She smiled, doing a little groove in her chair.

"'Summer time!'"

"'It's our vacation!"' the three of us sang horribly-well, Seth could sing, but we couldn't. We all laughed, I knew I had Sadie on my team. It was starting to feel less awkward.