Fall

Pretty woman by Van Halen is what gave me inspiration but that doesn't mean reader is a woman. just an idea, enjoy luvs ♡

       You step through the window, being cautious of your step. Vance still had your hand in his as he guided you across the roof. Your room was on the second floor of your house, so sneaking out was always a hassle. Luckily your garage roof was right outside your window. You and Vance used to sit up there all the time, that was before the spider incident (but that's a story for another day).

"How in the world did you even manage to get up here from the ground?" You asked him.

"The trash cans." He said it as if proud of his strategy.

"So that means there are dents in my trash cans?" His face faded into a guilty grin when you commented.

"Well, maybe but you can always just... undent it." He said as he hopped down from the roof. He did it so effortlessly. He was always jumping from one place to another. You had tried to convince him to join the army, said it would be good for him, and that he was good at taking people out. He didn't deny that, that he could take anyone down, he was a little too aware of it. He later explained how military school was enough for him, and you agreed, saying you didn't want him taken away from you any longer.

You stared down at the ground, then your feet, then him. The more you looked down the dizzier you got.

"Hey, don't look at the ground look at me. It's not that far down anyways, you got it." He said reassuringly. He knew you didn't like heights. He learned that once when you started puking on the school roof. A very interesting day that was.

"You're gonna catch me right?" 

"Yes I'm gonna fuckin catch you, what kind of question is that?" He said as he rolled his eyes. He kind of took it offensively, did you not trust him? It's not like you guys haven't done this before. Well from a smaller distance... and in water.

"But what if you lose your footing and fall back when you catch me? Then both of us will get hurt." You said in a worried scream whisper.

"That's not gonna happen" Vance commented quietly while you were freaking out.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT IF YOU HIT YOUR HEAD!" the sweat was already showing on your forehead from thinking about it.

"JUST FUCKIN JUMP!" When Vance said (yelled) this, a switch went off in your head. You held your breath as you lept off the ledge. 'I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna crush him, I'm gonna kill him' you thought to yourself. You wholeheartedly expected to feel a hard surface hit your body, but it was large, soft, and warm. Slowly, you opened your scrunched-up eyes. Vance was holding you, one arm under your knees and the other behind your back. He gave you the "was that so bad" look, but the only thing you were focusing on was how it felt to be held again. You hadn't been held like this in years. Like how you were when you were young, it gave you a sense of protection and made you feel like a little kid again. That's how Vance made you feel, like a little kid. You were forced to grow up, be the adult. He made your inner child come out, and you loved it, or loved him? You didn't know, but you loved something about it (him).

"Don't look at me like that." You said as you pushed off of him letting him know you wanted down. He gently put you down so that you were standing right in front of him.

"Like what, maybe I just want to look at you." That did it. Heat rose to your face, so you looked away, at the ground. Because the ground was so interesting, hey was that pebble always there? It was awkward for a second, even Vance noticed it. That's another reason you liked Vance. Nobody looked at you. Besides your friends or your siblings, no one did. Not the boys at school who loved poking at the way people looked. Not the girls who judged a person based on their beauty. It's not like you were invisible, I mean people noticed you, but they never really looked at you. Vance did. He was always charmed by you. There were way more attractive people than you that he knew. Maybe he pitied you, maybe this is a bet, a really long bet to see who can go the longest in a relationship with someone random. These thoughts haunted you. 'How could a man like HIM ever look at a person like me, let alone date one?' you wondered. You felt your stomach turn and a lump in your throat.

"So where to first? Wanna go grab a few snacks? I think the Grab'n'Go is still open." Vance asked you as you were still looking at the ground. 'Man, they are really pretty. Wait no, boys shouldn't be having thoughts like that. Wait, do men have thoughts like that? What is so interesting about the ground Y/N?' Vance questioned.

"Uh yeah sure. I could go for a Coke." You said finally looking at him. 'I'm so parched right now'.

"Lead the way, your highness." He actually knew how to get to there from your house. He just wanted to lighten the mood. But all he got from it was an eye roll. But deep down he knew you were smiling...internally.

"Where do you think you're going"
_________________________________
A/N- sorry this took so long i've been busy, this part is a bit shorter but this story has been getting more attention than i thought it would. I'm thinking about writing one shots about the spider, y/n puking, and the jumping in water one. idk let me know. Love yuh - g