Senior Year

/\ og cover 💀/\

Killua felt like he flew across the pavement as he walked, the ground feeling like a big cloud and his feet moving fast. The tiny buildings around him zoomed past as he continued to walk, cars drove past him and made him feel like he was going backwards.

He couldn't tell if he was moving or the ground. The ground flew underneath him and seemed to push him along.

It was his first day of senior year, and he already wanted to go home. He hadn't left his house the entire summer and it had never seemed so scary to be outside surrounded by trees and fresh air.

The wind rushing through his hair felt weird, and unnatural. His normal was inside on his bed and binge watching Death Note until he got bored. He had completely forgotten how to lead a normal life, how to communicate or do normal human things like eating or walking to school.

He completely shut himself out from the world, he didn't even contact his best friend Gon. It worried his parents, so now he has to go to therapy every Thursday after school.

They thought he was depressed, or just anxious about interacting in the world. But Killua didn't think that depressed people heard voices or saw things that weren't actually there.

Of course, there were other things that were going on that Killua just hadn't noticed. Everything just changed suddenly and it became his new normal.

Killua slowed his walking pace, noticing the school coming into view. He stopped completely and looked up at the huge highschool.

The big words on the top of the building seemed to be glowing in the summer morning sun.

HUNTER HIGH

Killua scoffed and looked back in front of him, seeing a group of people walking towards the school.

Oh shit.

Killua quickly looked around and ran around the school gate, standing right next to the entrance. The walls surrounding the school were huge so it hid Killua pretty well. But, only an idiot wouldn't see Killua when they walked into the school grounds.

Lucky for Killua, the group of boys were idiots.

"Dude, Gon! Isn't Killua gonna be here this year?" one of the boys, Knuckles, yelled out putting his arm around Gon's neck.

"Uh yeah I think-" as Gon walked through the gate he spotted Killua and cut himself off. He smiled but before the rest of them could walk through the gates he continued walking like he didn't see anything.

"Yeah, he is," he concluded, taking Knuckle's arm off of him.

Another boy, ilu, ran up behind Gon and put his arms around Gon's neck, slowing him down. "So, are you gonna like totally fuck him this year or ignore him again like last year?"

Gon pulled Ilu's arms off from around his neck and scoffed, "I didn't ignore him last year."

Killua winced at the response, because Killua was the one who ignored Gon. It wasn't all year, but something happened and Killua just stopped talking to him.

Two more boys ran through the gate and up to Gon's side, "yeah whatever, but you didn't deny the fucking him part," the blond one, Kurapika sang and poked Gon's side.

Killua's face went red but before he could hear more he slipped out of the gate and back outside of school grounds.

Gon looked back towards where Killua was and frowned, "shut up idiot!" he yelled, a smile plastering on his face as he ruffled Kurapikas hair roughly.