𝙤𝙣𝙚. to seal one's fate

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you are not a kid? You did not get reincarnated and get isekaid in this world, did you?"

"You're saying nonsense again Satoru" she chuckled. "I'm fine, really"

'Just forced to grow up a little early.' She thought, but would never say it out loud in front of him, although he was fully aware.

"Whatever you say, just remember I'm by your side, okay?"

While taking a seat, Y/N's eyebrows furrowed when he saw a familiar face in the opposite side of the room. She was sure she already saw that face somewhere, he looked like someone she knows, but older.

'Impossible, he said his father is already dead.'

So she shrugged that thought off. Maybe she just misses her childhood friend that she sees him in that man over there.

"All the key persons for this historical event are already present, so without further ado, we shall sign the papers"

Y/N who was the last to take part in signing the papers with the consent of her parents, stood up and walked towards the center, all of the elders and clan leaders were all eyes on her, she walked and bowed with grace, she greeted everyone there with respect, they were all satisfied with her actions, she was elegant and docile, just as they wanted her to be, but they are not fully satisfied yet, not until she signs the paper. She thanked the assistant who offered her the pen and took it with both of her hands, she picked up the pen from her palm with her right hand and positioned herself to sign, but before she did, she stared at the paper in front of her for a while.

The room was very quiet, and the elders were getting impatient, Zen'in Naobito, the clan leader was about to complain when she spoke.

"Pardon if I am not yet signing, I am only reading the content of the paper to make sure I place my signature in the correct area" she said and flashed a smile, they were taken aback by how she sounded more mature than her age.

"Hahaha!" All eyes shifted to the white-haired sunglasses man who just broke in laughter. There goes the problem child of the Gojo clan.

"Oh, sorry go on, go on, don't mind me, but I must say that's right, you should read whatever contents are there first before signing any kind of paper, after all, it is your life that depends on it, no one should be able to force you to it, only fools and tyrants force others to do something against their will"

The leader of the Gojo clan was about to reprimand him but Y/N raised her voice to get their attention, she didn't want any more conflicts and discourses now, she just wants this to end already so she could go home after.

"I!" she slightly raised her voice, just enough to catch everybody's attention, "have signed the papers"

And this immediately dispersed the heavy tension in the room, everyone went all smiles and clapped their hands each blurting out the word "congratulations".

"Now this calls for celebration! Let us rejoice and feast tonight! For the future of the Zen'in and Gojo clans!"

"For the future of the the Zen'in and Gojo clans!" everyone except Satoru and Y/N cheered.

Y/N sighed, upon going back to her seat, making eye-contact with her cousin.

'Welp, I just signed my life away. Arashi, I'm sorry, but this is the only way.'

Everyone was celebrating at the expense of one person's freedom.

The treaty was to pledge the Gojo family's daughter to be the bride of whoever will be declared the next clan leader of the Zen'in clan, and unfortunately Y/N was the first daughter that was born in the family in this generation, if Satoru would have been a girl he would have been the one in Y/N's place right now. 

Her fate was already determined the moment she was born, and this was to be sold off to the Zen'in family in exchange for peace between the clans.

But really, everyone knew it was more than that.

The Gojo and Zen'in forming an alliance and cementing this with the future union of two family members could only mean one thing: gaining more power and influence in the jujutsu world. In short, it's just another political marriage in order to monopolize the jujutsu society.

Merging the two clans would make them stronger than ever and will become the majority. This merge would actually be a big threat for the Kamo clan.

What's more, the possibility of the two most powerful curse techniques combined in the next generation isn't guaranteed but also not impossible.

"Well, we can only hope"

━━━━━━━━━━━

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs' ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ ᴛʜᴜs ғᴀʀ

Year 2014

Gojo Y/N
Birthday: November 26, 2002
Age: 12 
Hair color: (Reader's hair color), inherited from her mother.

Gojo Satoru
Birthday: December 7, 1989
Age: 25
Hair color: White