Chapter 7: Girls Night

Start from the beginning

"Okay, we don't have to talk about him yet." Grace only nodded her head in response. "But I do want you to do something for me."

"Are you giving me homework or something?" Grace asked moving in her seat a little.

"Kind of" Leslie replied, "If you hate being in your room all say, call some of your friends, have a girl's night. Do something to take your mind off of the fact that you can't do anything."

"Okay," Grace answered, feeling kinda dumb for not thinking of that.

Leslie took a quick glance at the wall and realized that their time was up, "Well that's all the time we have for today" She said while standing up, Grace mirroring her actions while grabbing her crutches and placing them under her arms. "So just invite a few friends over, maybe watch a movie order some food, just whatever you can do to take your mind off of it." Grace just nodded and walked out of the room, and out of the building.

She was met by Alfred in the car waiting for her. "Hello Grace, how was it today?" He signed to her, attempting to help her get in the car, but was denied by the girl.

"It was fine, but Alfred you do know that you don't need to sign when I have my hearing aids in, right?" She asked turning to him.

"Yes, I know, but I need the practice."

Grace let out a small laugh and said, "You've been practicing for 3 years how much more could you need?"

Without looking at the girl he simply said "All of it." Grace sent him a smile and with that, they were on their way back to the manor.

*****

"So how did therapy go?" Rue said over the phone.

"Not awful I guess, but Leslie said I should have some friends over, so I'm not rotting in my room," Grace said as she lay down on her bed.

"That's an amazing idea, I'll be there in like an hour," Rue told her. "Should we invite Julie, I feel like we haven't seen her in a while." She continued.

"Are you just looking for a reason to see her again? It's so obvious you have a crush on her."

"Is it really that obvious?" Grace could hear the embarrassment in Rue's voice. She couldn't help but let out a small laugh at her best friend.

"Yeah, it's so obvious it physically hurts." Grace suddenly heard a beep coming from her hearing aids letting her know that the battery was getting low and they needed to be charged. "Okay I have to let you go my hearing aids are about to die just text me when you are here and if I don't hear it just come in. You know where my room is."

*****

Not even an hour later Grace gets a text from Rue telling her she has arrived. But before Grace could respond someone starts pounding on her door, she quickly got out of bed, grabbing her crutches thinking it was Rue and Julie. She opened the door only to reveal an annoyed-looking Jason.

Before Grace could even say anything Jason starts talking, Grace could only look at him dumbfounded not understanding a single thing.
Jason soon realized this a pulled out his phone typing in his notes that there were people in the manor. Grace rolled her eyes and gave him a thumbs up letting him know that she knew.

She quickly grabbed her hearing aids and slowly walked/hobbled on her crutches down the stair. Grace didn't realize how much she really needed to be around her friends until she saw them standing by the front door, she felt this weight almost instantly lift from her shoulders. The three girls quickly hugged and immediately started talking about things going on in their lives only to be interrupted by Julie seeing Jason walk back to his room.

"And who is that?" Julie asked her eyes following Jason's every movement.

Grace glanced behind her and looked at Jason before quickly turning around, "Gross dude, he's just some charity case that Bruce found, to replace Dick."

"You're living with him? Lucky." She replied with a small smirk. Grace could clearly see Rue getting jealous and she decided to change the subject. "You guys wanna watch a movie, I can't stand for very long with the broken ankle and all." The two girls agreed.

After watching the first two movies in the hunger games series, all three girls decide they wanted something other than popcorn to go with the movies. "Can you ask Alfred to make us pizza rolla or something?" Julie asked looking over at Grace who was sitting on the other side of the couch."

Not wanting to bother Alfred Grace decide against it and told them that she could make them something. Both girls offered to help but Grace wouldn't let them, as she looked through the freezer she pulled out some pizza rolls, as she was putting them on the tray to put in the air fryer, Jason walked in, without saying anything he went to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"Whatcha making?" He asked Grace trying to start a conversation.

"Pizza rolls," She replied bluntly. Placing them into the air fryer and setting the time.

Jason simply nodded before asking, "Hey whos that blond chick that's with you guys?"

"No." She simply replied turning to look at him.

"Come on I didn't even say anything." He said offended.

"Yeah, but you were going to," Grace said trying not to roll her eyes.

"Yeah okay, I was, but only because I thought she was cute." He argued back.

"Yeah clearly, but Rue and her kinda have something going on." She lied, turning to look at the two girls who were laughing about something on Julie's phone. She didn't say this out of jealousy she just wanted to protect Rue, Grace knew that if Julie and Jason ever got together it would definitely break Rue's heart and she didn't want to see that happen.

"Oh okay, uh- sorry I didn't know she swung that way. I will leave you to your pizza rolls and movies." Jason said walking out of the kitchen and back to his room.

Grace quickly left the kitchen and joined her friends and the three of them watched movies and ate snacks until they all passed out on the couch.

A/N: OMG IM FINALLY OUT OF MY WRITING SLUMP.

Ignore how rushed and unedited this chapter is I just needed to publish something.

How I felt after finishing this chapter: