ғʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛs | Her Kindness

Start from the beginning

"[Name], thank you for coming here, I take it the twins have been courteous enough?"

You shake your head comically, "They're way too polite, Kagaya-kun. Let the poor things ease up a little," You pause, looking from outside the estate to watch the twins catch up with Kumori.

"They can only be so young, Kagaya."

His eyes soften, letting go of your hand and nodding in turn. "Then, [Name], may you take your own advice and grace me with a walk in the cemetery. I believe a few hashiras are visiting the graves, aswell."

You can only smile tiredly, accepting the invitation and allowing yourself to be led my the corps leaders.

────────────

"It's been a while, my lovely Ikazuchi." There you were, in front of a grave of a child that you and the world deemed too young to have passed too early on.

You lay your palm on the cold stone surface, laying a gentle kiss at the top of your own palm in respect.

You were in the Demon Slayer Corps graveyard, the head of said corps had situated himself a few rows back, taking his own time with greeting his own children.

"Your brother Kumori is doing well, he's growing up to be such a lovely child; You.. You would have loved him." Slight bitterness grew in your heart as you placed few bits of incense into the censer, allowing the smell to etch itself into your memory.

While being blessed with the duty of head priestess, you knew yourself to not hold any favorites, under any circumstance. Yet, your heart burned in sorrow for young Ikazuchi, who was barely fourteen when she decided to fight for the sake of the corps.

"With the little time I have, I tried to carry on your wish and make sure Kumori doesn't feel too lonely, so I can only hope you have passed on properly, my child."

Footsteps creep closer to you, so you hasten your fingers to swipe away the tears that formed in your eyes. The steps all but lessened, and you deduced that it was only a passerby that came to greet their fallen family member.

And so, you made yourself comfortable in front of the headstone, continuing to redecorate the piece with fresh flowers you had picked from the sides and a few offerings of food.

...

────────────

"Tengen-sama?" One of his beloved wives, Hinaritsu, calls from behind him. He snaps out of his stupor, sending her a lovely smile in turn.