But it looks good on her nonetheless.

"Let's go?" She leans by the doorway with a smirk, posing like a model.

Rolling my eyes, I ignored her tactics and pass by her, walking my way out with her closely following behind.

---

Since it was noontime, I decided to eat lunch at this not-so fancy restaurant that serves the best samgyupsal in town. I'm not craving for meat or anything, but somehow something made me want to eat meat for some reason.

Sitting by the window, I watched vacantly as people and cars keep passing by while my thoughts continue to consume me.

That is until a waiter comes with our orders.

With Y/n sitting across from me, I could clearly see the excitement on her face every detail of it. I could clearly see how wide her hazel eyes are as they remained glued on the food, more specifically on the raw meats.

Or how could audibly hear how she sniffs deeply, inhaling as much scent as she can as if she was on high. Or how her mouth was hanging agape, drooling over the food.

It was hilarious and cute at the same time that it brought a tug on my lips and in my.... heart?

Aish, That's nonsense.

I'm just hungry.

"Hey wait no!" I was very much surprised to see that she was about to eat the meat, raw.

"We have to cook it first. That's the purpose of the pan on the center"

She skeptically eyed the meat on her chopsticks before placing it on the heated pan. "But why would they serve us something raw?"

And so, I explained everything to her as we continued eating.

Y/n, basically devouring the food like she hasn't eaten for years and almost inhaling everything that goes in her mouth, mostly the meat, of course.

Y/n moans in utter pleasure from the food. "How miss the taste of meat in my mouth, especially the beef, it's my favorite"

To see her smile and happy, makes my heart flutter in joy, especially after knowing that I'm the cause of it.

She was contagious - her personality of being enthusiastic and happy go, lucky girl, I mean.

"Haven't you had meat for a while?" I ask, which is sort of unusual for me.

She sadly shook her head as her eyes were still fixed on the food. "These past years, I only lived by eating staled bread and crumbs"

At her statement, I didn't know what I felt at that moment.

Pity?

Concern?

Worry?

I'm not actually sure. All I know is that I felt sad that she had gone through so much and wasted half of her life inside a rusty old cage when she could have something more.

But what impresses me the most is that even when she talks about something so horrid from her past, it looked like she wasn't affected, even for a bit.

Her smile maybe wasn't as wide as a while ago, but she still remained grinning as she happily munches on her food.

She is impressive indeed.

Y/n's POV

To say I was more than thankful is an understatement.

To have a proper meal, not to mention, the grilled chicken, pork, and beef, after years of eating staled bread feels so heavenly, especially in the tongue.