Chapter Twenty. Did You Know Tom Cruise Has Veneers?

Start from the beginning

    Throwing his hands in the air, Danny scoffed. "I'm Indiana Jones!" he took his hat off, doing a spin for show. "From Indiana Jones, duh."

    Rolling her eyes, Lucy spoke. "Ah," she hummed. "I see."

    "Okay, Sandy," the boy took a step closer to his sister. "I'm hopelessly devoted to you," he sang, terribly off tune, and much too loud for Lucy's pleasing.

    Lips pursed, the girl shook her head. "Shut up," she half-laughed, cupping a hand around his mouth. "Never sing again." Her eyes wandered past Daniel, and towards the front of the house— Riley was wading through the crowd, bumping into the dancing teenagers. "Look!" she grabbed his face, forcing him to turn around. Mocking him, again, Lucy stifled a laugh. "I'll help the new girl out, if she—"

    "Shh!" he nudged her. He looked back two times, then decided to approach her— with a grin on his lips, Daniel bid his sister a silent goodbye.

    Lucy shook her head, sighed, and took off towards the punch bowl. Curiosity won as she grabbed for a red solo cup— after dipping it into the bowl, she brought the rim of the cup to her lips. She cringed when the liquor hit her tongue, nose scrunching, and eyes screwing shut. "God," she choked, sticking her tongue out. "What is this?"

"Pure fuel," a voice spoke, startling Lucy. The brunette spun around, making she contact with a somewhat familiar face.

She squinted. "Hey, you're—"

"Blondie, from PE?" girl nodded. "Yeah, I'm Carly."

    She was dressed as Daphne from Scooby Doo, and her wavy hair was pushed back with a purple headband. "You look cute," Lucy's spoke, taking another sip of the drink.

A moment passed, and her eyes widened. "Oh!" Carly jumped. "Have you met my friend, Tony?"

Lucy wanted nothing more than to escape this situation. She cleared her throat, and pursed her lips. "No, I haven't," she shook her head, as a blonde boy came into the picture, a tight-lipped smile on his face.

"He's the one that told me Billy Hargrove wanted to see you at the party tonight," she bit her lip, giggling.

Her brow furrowed. "I thought that was Tommy H.?" Lucy cocked her head, and set down the red solo cup.

Carly hesitated for a moment, thinking to herself, "They're, like, the same person, pretty much. Tommy, Tony, who gives a fuck?" she shrugged. "Only thing that matters, is that California Boy has a thing for you."

"The only thing that matters to Billy Hargrove, is his reputation," the brunette had her eyes on a group walking through the front door chanting, Billy's name, and giving him claps on the back. "Wow, new Keg King is into me? Great."

    A raven-haired girl smirked, her shoulder pressed to the fridge. "So was the old one," she commented, glancing from Steve, who stood across the room, and then back to Lucy. The brunette only returned a squinted, almost threatening look, as she brought the cup back up to her lips and finished the drink, in one big swig.

"I'll see you later, Carly," Lucy stated, lifting herself off the counter, and back to the punch bowl. She dipped the solo cup in, watching as the red liquid flooded it.

A voice broke through the music. "Ah, come on, Hopper. You too?" Steve ran a hand through his hair. "Give me the cup, come on."

"This is my second drink, Steve!" she pulled away from the boy, bringing the cup back up to her lips. "I don't get drunk."