𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

SAYURI CARTER

SAYURI CARTER.
ATL
APRIL 25th, 2022.

"I look so fat!" Yuri frowned as she stood in front of the mirror in the first wedding dress she tried on. Kiki sat behind her on a couch, holding her and Wop's son and Yuri and Dayvon's god son Demire on her lap, now a few month ago. Babbling with his little fists in his mouth. Grandma Dorris beside her as she sat with her legs crossed and good wig on.

"Chile where?" Grandma Dorris kissed her teeth. "You got bout a drop a meat on yo bones!"

"Nah Grandma, she got a lil weight on her lately," Kiki noted looking at her figure, "you been eatin' a lot Cuddy, it look good on you though."

"Chile why you tryna rush this wedding? That's what I wanna know, July? And y'all tryna have a destination wedding? What's goin on?" Grandma Dorris rambled. Yuri turned around, the sides of the dress in her fists as she spoke.

"Cause I'm pregnant," she blandly revealed, "and I don't wanna look like a big whale walking down the isle in a maternity wedding dress!"

"You pregnant?!" Kiki smiled widely, almost jumping out of her seat before remembering Demire was in her lap, instead clapping happily as they sat in the bridal shop. Yuri letting off a small smile.

Grandma Dorris appeared to be happy as well, she loved children. "Well then y'all gettin' hitched at the right time! Adding another baby to the family!"

"Whew y'all!" Laila ran through the door of the bridal shop, looking completely disheveled. "I'm sorry y'all, I was working and then traffic was tight—what did I miss? Pretty dress, babe!" She rambled plopping down right next to grandma Dorris.

"Nope, just that she's pregnant!" Kiki tried to suppress her smile, Laila's mouth dropping open at the revelation. Cupping her hand over her mouth almost immediately.

"Oh my—awww!" She playfully pouted. "I'm so happy for you guys! This is so cuteee!"

"Chile, yo brother gon fall out when you tell 'em!" Grandma Dorris smiled, swaying slowly from side to side, snapping 30 pictures all the same of Yuri in the dress. It wasn't the one she was getting anyways.

" I don't like this one," Yuri said to herself, looking at everything she completely despised about the dress. It just wasn't flattering, at all. It took hours, and a plethora of dresses. Until she found, the one.

"Sooo," Yuri smiled as she slowly exited the fitting room, standing before her family in the beautiful white wedding dress. Gasps erupted from the three of them, Grandma Dorris clapping immediately. "What're we thinking, ladies!"