Never in his life...Never AND NEVER HAD WEI WUXIAN TALKED BACK LIKE THAT.

Lan Wangji looked proud, guess his hard work finally paid off...maybe half of it because his bunny is dense as sh-

"YOU DARE TALK BACK TO THOSE WHO RANK HIGHER THAN YOU!?"

Wei Wuxian glared at him "You do know shijie likes Jin Zixuan! What is she going to do when she learns that you had punched him twice!? This will leave a broken engagement!" He yelled at him.

Jiang Wanyin froze at that 'A-Jie...no.'

"I won't let that peacock break the engagement!" He announced but Lan Qiren cut him off before he could continue.

"That would be the decision for the parents and the Fiance's themselves, you are in no room to decide after the stunt you pulled!"

Lan Oiren then turned to his two senior disciples "Seclude him in the Hanshi until the Jin and Jiang's come over in a few hours. Wangji, Wei Wuxian, kindly check on Jin-gongzi. Xichen, please wait in front of the gates for our guests."

"YOU CAN'T SECLUDE ME!"

"Tie him up if you must."

—————————

The three Jiangs were in a tense atmosphere on the throne room.

Just a few days ago more and more rumors were being heard all around and the elders were pushing the Sect Leader to divorce his wife as she was the reason the sect was being shamed but he ignored them saying she was doing her best.

And then Yu Ziyuan was blaming Jiang Fengmian for taking the boy in and showing him how their Sect has been in ruins because of him.

Jiang Yanli was angry but never voiced out her frustrations in how the people were comparing her to other sick kids, it didn't help that her mother had also heard about it.

"A-LI WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT OTHER KIDS WHO GREW UP SICKLY AND HAD AT LEAST FORMED A CORE!?" Her mother voiced it out one day and threw her a wooden sword.

"Mother I don't-"

"ARE YOU LAZY?! HAVE YOU SEEN THE OTHERS? GO TRAIN! I EXPECT TO SEE AN IMPROVEMENT WITH YOUR CORE!"

And so she had to train, she never liked it, she prefers the silence and peace. Why would her mother make her do things she doesn't want to do? She was angry at whoever started this rumor that she accidentally tripped on her sword.

"YANLI WHAT ARE YOU DOING? FOCUS! STAND PROPERLY! WHAT KIND OF ROBES ARE YOU WEARING!? GO WEAR YOUR TRAINING ROBES!"

Jiang Yanli hated those robes, she preferred her dresses!

She doesn't want to weird a sword! As long as she is gentle and kind and never provokes first everything would be fine! Why deal things with violence? Isnt that what disciples are for? Leave the higher ups to relax while the other's do the protecting!

"ARE YOU IGNORING YOUR MOTHER!? GO CHANGE THIS INSTANT! AND TRIPLE YOUR PRACTICE! YINZHU! WATCH HER CLOSELY! ANY MISTAKE IS 1 HOUR OR KNEELING IN THE ANCESTRAL HALL!"

To say that Jiang Yanli had more than 10 mistakes that day made her mother very angry "No more kneeling! You are not allowed to have breaks tomorrow for the whole day! I want a breakthrough with your cultivation by the end of the month!"

Jiang Yanli clenched her dress after her mother left "Why should I train?" She asked herself "I'm not even the heir! From what I'm seeing, the Madam of the sects are free to do what they want!" She muttered out because she never saw her mother do paperwork, she only goes and comes whenever she wants.