Guesthouse Memories

Start from the beginning

"Oh.. ahem, ok," he half-approvingly smiled seeing her amused face. "I.. ahem.. think you were.. ahem.."

"Drunk, yeah"

"But that's fine. Totally."

She chuckled tearing open the snack packs. "Were you jealous?"

He saw her pretending to avert her attention elsewhere and bit his lip. "Maybe.."

She turned her head as he moved out with the tray of drinks flashing the infectious smile of his making her insiders flutter.

------------

Flashback 2

Anushka had injured her right wrist, elbow and knee during a stunt performance while shooting for the film, Rudhramadevi.

Krishnam Raju garu and his wife had served dinner on set for the cast and crew that evening. Her absence on location being quite unusual, Mrs.Syamala rang her up before the staff informed them of the occurrence. She sent food to Anushka's caravan and decided to meet her in person afterwards.

"What happened bangaram?"

"A small injury Peddamma." she sat up in respect to the elderly couple who came to visit her. "The biriyani was delicious."

They appreciated the wonderful nature she had, hiding her own problems to keep people around her happy.

"Do your parents know? How can we aid you nanna?" the veteran actor asked with concern.

"No no. It's fine, Peddananna. My makeup artist, Bhanu garu, will accompany me today. Prashanti has offered to help as well. Thank you."

"Are you sure? Does it hurt a lot?"

"No no. It's nothing," she forced a smile bidding a goodbye to the two.

Anushka arrived at her apartment with her stylist and make-up artist. As soon as the door flung open, she wailed throwing her bag aside.

"Sweety, do you want me to speak to the director? We can ask him to halt your portions until the end of this month."

She sniffled nodding her head fiercely as a no.

"Or let's see the doctor again. Listen to me," Bhanu garu suggested.

She wiped her tears that flowed uncontrollably. "I'll be fine after taking the medicines. I really don't want to trouble you. Will call you if it's necessary."

"Don't be ridiculous," Prashanthi chided, "The staff said that wasn't a normal fall you had and you've been complaining about the pain in your wrist for weeks now."

The doorbell startled the three women putting a comma to their discourse. Bhanu garu answered the door and was relieved to see the person at it. Prabhas stepped in with a grim face. He was occupied with training sessions for Bahubali in the daytime and couldn't check on Sweety as often. His uncle and aunt had narrated the incident on their way home which was how he became aware.

After explaining all that transpired, they managed to convince Sweety to tag along with Darling.

"Why don't you tell me when such things happen? I don't understand what you still consider me." He sounded upset unbuckling the seatbelt after arriving at his guesthouse.

"I didn't tell anyone because I'm fine."

Prabhas fathomed the intensity in her words, she was hurt already. "Sweetu, please understand that I love you. I should be the first person you reach out to," he persuaded wiping her tears knowing that crying was her way of expressing her distress.

Anushka hugged him setting the cup of water on the tea-table. He tenderly looped his arms round, smooched her on the shoulder skin and pacified her with occasional kisses and comforting words. She weeped on his chest until her energy weared out.

"Bangaram, let's have dinner."

She was astonished that he knew she was hungry. "But I had dinner. Peddamma had sent food to my caravan."

"I'm sure you're starving after all the Ramayanam. So, don't wind stories. Get up."

She finally smiled solacing the air around and joined him for dinner.

They opted to stay in the room downstairs for the night. Prabhas massaged his beloved's knee and wrist with a pain relief gel and sprayed the same formula on her waist and legs much to her ease.

"The strength of women's wrists is comparatively lesser than that of men," Prabhas read on his phone, "Hmmm, which is why weilding the sword is toilsome. Jejammaki edi kashtam kadu ga." he wiggled his brows earning a glare. "Asalu ee rendu dinosaurs (Bahubali 1 and 2) madhya ee complicated scripts enduku? You're outworking yourself. Say no to Size Zero."

"It's easier said than done, Pupsu. These are commitments with people we know. There's still Bhaagamathie, Iranda Ulagam.."

He frowned and sighed, "I'm absolutely alright with whatever you pick up as long as it doesn't take a toll on your health. And this is a strict warning to keep me updated on it."

"OK sir! Acknowledged." she giggled dragging him onto her.

"Hey, careful Sweety."

The next morning, Anushka woke up to feeling better and lighter. The only weight now was her boyfriend's head on her bosom. She ran her fingers through his hair and checked the time on her phone. There were hundreds of messages and other notifications but she was in a bind. Anushka tried detangling herself but the teddy bear that stuck to her snuggled closer.

"Pupsu, I'm going to be late for the shoot."

"It's ok. You don't have to go."

"Pupsu.."

"Tch! Gunashekhar garu knows. He's ready to give you a break until the end of this month."

"What!! You spoke to him?!" Sweety sat up with all her might causing him to fall off the bed.

"Amma thalli! Your staff requested him, not me," he whined rubbing his elbow.

"Oh oh, I'm sorry. I think I should call him. I don't need a break for so long. See I'm all ok now. Maybe we can do something about the scenes that involve sword fi.."

"Call and thank him for his cooperation. Not an extra word," Prabhas was still recovering from the hard blow. Anushka blasted out laughing at his dishelved state.

"What a way to start the day. Let me take a bath. I smell like an Ayurvedic pharmacy," he left shaking his head after receiving a refreshing morning kiss from madam.

Sweety resorted at his guesthouse for the remaining time, pampered by her beau. By the time she resumed work, she was as fit as a fiddle.

-----------------

Recalling the past made Sweety lose count of the hours. Her husband and baby had hit the sack and were irresistable to not gape at. The baby was a carbon-copy of his father. He too hated wearing a shirt while napping. They even slept in the same manner with identical pouts on their faces and hands raised up on either sides. She was grateful for all she had and she had them all entrenched deep in her heart.

----------------

Long update. Hope you guys enjoyed it! -Pranushkaholics