Guesthouse Memories

Start from the beginning

The baby had jolted while in slumber and was frightened until his father picked him up securing him close to his chest. Prabhas strolled inside the room, lulling and smothering the infant with kisses. He amusedly watched as the eensy eyes tried hard to stay open. He decided to place him between them on the bed. Anushka yearningly adored the dad-side of Prabhas which emerged when the slightest inconvenience was caused to their child.

She stroked his silky, smooth hair, "I hope he grows up to be exactly like you. My little Pupsu."

Prabhas stared at the beauty he beheld with softened eyes.

"My home is precious to me. This house especially means the world. That's what I said when you asked me to choose a place for our holidays."

He laid on the side, head propped up on his elbow listening to her pillow talk.

"Pupsu"

"Hmm"

"Do you remember that party with Kangana?"

"Ammadiyamma! Of course I do. How can I forget your pole dance?" he winked.

-------------

Flashback

"Kangana, this is Anushka Shetty." Director Puri introduced Sweety to the heroine of his upcoming movie.

"Hi Anushka. I've heard a lot about your film, Arundathi. You seem brilliant in it."

The actresses warmly exchanged greetings and started a conversation rising a toast. Prabhas had arranged a small party at his guesthouse inviting only his closest circle of friends to welcome Kangana to the city. Anushka by then had already worked with Prabhas in Billa, his previous release, and knew his family extremely well. She was a dear acquaintance even before they worked but were brought closer after that.

A scrumptious feast was arrayed in the dining area. Some people were relaxing in the pool while others engaged in casual banter. The host personally took care of everyone's needs as usual.

Puri and his team decked a pole set up in the middle of the living space for dance and entertainment. Guests danced holding their flutes with alcohol having a gala time.

"Anushka, do you wanna try that?" Kangana pointed at the set up. The girls were almost wasted and wanted to have some fun.

"Hey!!" The boys around whistled as the beauties grooved. Prabhas who was busy helping the invitees with food rushed to the hall. His jaw dropped seeing Sweety pole-dancing with Kangana. However, he joined the group and cheered for them drinking the beer he was offered. After some time, everyone disbursed leaving Puri, Anushka, her friend, Prabhas and a couple of his childhood friends. They all sobered down munching on some midnight snacks between discussing movies and playing games.

"I'll go get some more snacks."

"I will help you, Prabhas." Sweety chimed.

"No, I can do it." he denied her offer.

Yet, she followed him to the kitchen.

"Where's the bag with fritters and cake?" Sweety searched the cupboards. "Huh?"

Prabhas paid no heed and continued pouring orange soda into glasses. She tapped his shoulder asking again to which he intently gazed at her without replying.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," he plainly responded shelving out the pack of snacks she'd been looking for. "Here."

"Hey, I know you," she smirked finding the possible reason behind his silence. "Kangana pulled me to dance and I couldn't say no," she hit the talk right on spot and observed his expression tone down.