Chapter 3- Change in Plans

Start from the beginning

Shittttt.

I was forced to settle with an abandoned building a block away from the park, and the second that we got inside, I put the girl down, went human, and collapsed.

The girl rushed to my side and didn't know what to do, so I handed her my gun. "Get out of here... use this to protect yourself... bad people are coming for me, and I don't want them anywhere near you, kid... leave.. go find your parents... I'll be f-fine..." I rasped, coughing up blood.

God, my entire body hurt.

The girl began to protest, but I weakly glared at her. "No, you...you don't understand... Slade will kill you... you hav-have to get out... just go, damn it... your freedom ticket is getting slimmer the longer you're sitting with a criminal and murderer like me... please, leave, kid... save yourself.." I said, doing my best to shove her out of the building. I only pushed her about a foot, and my vision went black.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
I woke up screaming, and I didn't know why, but I was pissed and wanting to kill someone.

I didn't know where I was, and all I saw was green, like Adrien Agreste's eyes. I didn't have time to calm down and process what was going on before I felt someone running towards me.

On immediate defense, I grabbed my katana and had it in front of me in a defensive position, and I held a fighting stance, itching for my vision to clear. Not that I needed it to. I could fight without seeing, anyway.

The person and I ended up fighting, and I felt an unusual but very familiar strength and anger coursing through me, and I quickly put together where I was.

I was back at the League, and I was standing in the Lazarus Pit.

God damn it.

So much for not coming back here.

I used the pit to my advantage and, having a strong memory of this place, used muscle memory to escape, not listening to the voices calling me back.

I just needed off of this island and to get back to my pack, back to my brother. That's all I cared about.

My senses started to clear up, and I saw that I was fighting some of the lowly assassins. I rolled my eyes, seeing Talia and Ra's, and I killed all of them in less than 2 seconds, using 8 more seconds to kill everyone else except those two. I jumped up with too much skill and landed a few inches in front of them.

"What the hell am I doing back here? And where is Slade? No doubt he knows where I am." I asked angrily, my bloody katana at my side and the blood dripping to the floor.

Talia looked at me for a moment. "You do not remember? You died saving a little girl from Joker and Riddler, and I had been looking for you to offer you a peace offering, dear child. I brought you back because I care about you as if you were my own daughter, and Father is fond of you as well." She calmly said.

I relaxed slightly. Believe it or not, I did care a lot about the Al-Ghuls.

I warily looked around, expecting Slade to come out any second. "What is your peace offering, Talia?" I quietly asked, and was shocked with the answer. "We want you to be the new leader of the League of Assassins, child. In return, we will offer you protection from Slade and his men, since we found out that he is after you and your brother." Ra's said. Talia nodded. "Agreed. And not only would you and Timothy get protection, but Beloved and the Wayne brothers, and your friends as well. Damian refuses to come back, and I do not think Tim would consider this offer, and we need someone that can make the LOA something to fear again, like back in the old days. You would not have to stay here full time, but you would have to visit all the time and help train the members." She added.

I carefully thought about this, going over all pros and cons, every possible outcome for each decision, and saying yes seemed wiser than saying no.

After a long moment, I looked up at them and smirked. "I accept. However, I only ask one thing in return. I would like for you to come to my next concert. It's this week, and there's a few tickets I reserved. Please, can you come?" I asked, sort of begging.

They smiled. "Of course, Marinette." Ra's said, and I looked at Talia. "I need your help with one of the songs I am writing. It's supposed to be a duet, but none of my pack's voices fit with it. I want to see if your voice will fit, and if it does, I would like you to sing it with me." I said, putting my katana away.

Talia hid a smile, but I saw it and grinned. I grabbed her by the hand and pulled her through the cave and to the palace, straight to where I last remembered the music room would be, glad it was still here.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
I was free running roofs in Gotham, minding my own business, when something ahead of me caught my eye.

Standing in the ledge of Wayne Enterprises was a boy with tan skin, black hair, and green eyes.

Damian Al-Ghul Wayne.

I had a feeling I knew why he was up there, and I wasn't going to let him do anything stupid. I silently got to the roof and went wolf, and started running towards him, not seeing his older brothers on the opposite roof across the street, or seeing Talia and Ra's watching from a nearby roof, or the news watching, and just as he fell I lunged forward and dove over the ledge and grabbed the back of his shirt in my jaws, straining to keep myself from falling over the ledge with him because damn, he was heavy.

I growled as he tried to force me to let go of him, and I used all my wolf strength to try to pull him back up to the roof, having to go slow because my jaws were hurting from the weight, and I whined from the pain but continued to pull, not stopping until we were several feet from the ledge, and I let go of him. The boy got up and tried to go back, but I went human and cut him off, blocking him.

"What the hell are you doing?! Are you stupid, or did you lose all of your damn brain cells?!" I shouted at him. But I froze when the boy flinched, and he looked down.

I frowned and was about to say something when the boy started crying.

Oh fuck.

Dropping my katana, I went towards the kid and outstretched my hand to him, but I flinched and stiffened with shock when he ran forward and wrapped me into a tight hug as he cried into my chest. I slowly relaxed and hugged him back, trying to calm him down, and I sat us onto the ground.

I wondered if me shouting at him triggered something, and I felt bad and apologized to the boy, soothing him and humming a song that Tim used to sing to me as a little girl when I was upset, leaning against the ledge and letting Damian cry.

I still hadn't noticed that I was being watched, I carefully looked the boy up and down, looking for any injuries. He was in his school uniform, and he was covered in bruises, and was bleeding from a cut on his cheek.

My eye twitched in anger, but I forced it back as the boy in my arms slowly calmed down until he was sniffling. I knew something was wrong, and I was dead set in figuring it out.

"Do you want to tell me what happened? I won't judge." I asked him. Damian nodded, and told me everything. My eyes darkened with murder. I was going to burn the school to the ground, and leave his bullies inside and listen to them be burned alive.

Damian eventually fell asleep in my arms, and I swiftly stood and carried him back to Wayne Manor, breaking into his room and setting him down in the bed, not seeing Alfred and Bruce in the doorway with weapons. Sleeping Dami wouldn't let go, and I was gently trying to pry him off, but this boy had a strong grip. A huge black Great Dane came into the room and slipped between me and Damian, and Damian latched into the dog, whose collar said Titus.

I stroked the dog, then quickly left through the window and went straight for Gotham Academy, murder in my eyes.

No one messes with Red Renegade's family and lives to tell the tale.

No one.