One

My golden eyes began to flicker in and out as they shone. I was in a broken Reginleif once again my entire squad was wiped out and I was left to survive again and again. Surely it's the curse I was given. As the sole survivor from the Kazuki bloodline I can't afford to die, if I die then why did so many people die here? Why did they sacrifice themselves for me, some false king? Like hell I'm worth all that, however I must live... live until I die the king until that I can't die no matter how much I want to.

I gripped my feather earring and slowly forced my body through the broken metal injuring my arm even further in the process cutting half of it open limp and bleeding. However I forced myself out of the Reginleif and walked across the red dyed grass this familiar yet disgusting scent.

"Damn... Dad or Frederica definitely won't be happy now. Who knows maybe with the scar I'll finally get a girlfriend. Who am I kidding, someone like me? What a joke..."

I collapsed on the ground loosing a ton of blood by the second however the sound of moving Reginleifs wouldn't let me sleep in peace... damn it all.

When I opened my eyes again I was surrounded by white walls with black lines dividing the walls by squares. Sitting beside me was Frederica and Ernst. As I sat up to face them Frederica instantly started crying and jumped onto me.

"Kanaf... Kanaf you fool. You utter fool! Don't leave me behind just like Kiri... you both always acted so recklessly! What would you have done if I didn't see your future at that second!?" She cried into my hospital gown as I gently pet her head while Ernst gave me a sad smile.

"Hey Dad, guess I made it back huh?"

"That you did. Thank you for coming back Kanaf it's good to have you."

We all shared a hug for a moment that broke when I tried to stand.

"Hey wait there mister where are you going?"

"Toilet, plus you know I can't stay still. Also I know my legs are fine so that won't work on me it's just my arm given the cast."

Ernst and Frederica sighed at me.

"You know you're still a sick patient you know sit down or lay down Kanaf or do you want your poor Frederica to be sad? Plus you have some business, people will be here they will be under your supervision once your wound recovers."

"More... the 86 right? The ones Frederica was with while I was gone I assume?"

Ernst nodded as Frederica looked at my mixed expression.

"I'll be back in ten. I need to thank them after all, not only for protecting my cute little sister but for that idiot it should've been me toz I'll be back in a minute."

I walked out without finishing my thought. Kiriya... you were like my older brother but you became a Legion. If I was stronger then you'd be alive... sorry Kiri I should've been the one to set you free.

After being gone for almost twenty minutes I came back to my hospital room to see a strange assortment of young adults in my room standing at the door more like staring a bullet through it with a salute waiting.

"Sorry wrong room." I closed the door and quickly walked away until Frederica dragged my back inside confusing the random people of the hospital.