004. Apologizes and Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"So uh, your not mad?" He blinked a few times, taken back.

"I never said I wasn't," she shrugged, crossing her legs under the table to get more comfortable.

"So you are mad?" James questioned her.

"A little bit,"

He stared at her face, noticing how tired she looked. She had dark circles under her eyes indicating that she hadn't been sleeping well, and her pale skin showed that he hadn't been going out.

"Evelyn, I'm so so sorry, I wasn't thinking straight and I let my emotions cloud my brain,"

"It's fine, I - uhm - appreciate your apology," she reassured.

"Great, that's great." A small smile broke onto James' face, which made her smile back.

"So, what are you reading?" James asked in a high-pitched voice making her laugh a little bit.

James liked how she laughed and thought she looked better when she had a smile on her face.

"Pride and Prejudice, It's a muggle book from the 1800s,"

"Oh, yea Remus probably read that one, you too would get along really well,"

"Really?"

James nodded.

"I love it so far, there's just something about enemies to lovers," she geeked out. "The idea of someone loving you after seeing the worst."

James smiled at her; she seemed so happy talking about the book that he didn't mind her starting to ramble.

"Sorry, I kinda go on a tangent and won't stop talking until someone has to shut me up," Eva's cheeks reddened as the embarrassment started filling her system.

"No don't apologize I liked it," James replied with a smile.

"Maybe you and lily will be like that,"

"You think so?"

She nodded.

"Well considering lily won't even talk to me, I don't think so," he replied sadly.

"Come on you have to have a little more faith than that,"

James gave her a soft smile; however, Evelyn detected sadness on his face.

"Aw come on cheer up, how about we go down to dinner and walk in together to show lily we're friends, and then she'll see that you've apologized and start talking to you again," Eva suggested. Eva didn't know why she wanted to help James Potter, especially after everything, but she saw how sad he was and couldn't stand it.

"We're friends?"

"Shit I didn't mean-"

"Stop I'm teasing," James smirked. "I like your idea, you seem smart so I'm trusting you."

Evelyn smiled at the compliment. She liked compliments considering she never got any from her family or from Lucius, so whenever she did get a compliment she cherished it.

"Right well let's go."

"Shall we?" James stood up and offered Eva his hand.

She gracefully took his hand and started walking "We shall."

So that's how they walked into the great hall, side by side, ignoring all the looks coming from the Slytherin table and the Gryffindor table, and before she could walk away to sit at her table, James grabbed her wrist "Do you wanna sit with us?"

She looked around, noticing the stares. "Uh I don't know,"

"Come on it'll be fun," James muttered, pulling her to the red table.

They both sat down in front of the marauders, Sirius and Peter on the opposite side and Remus next to James.

"So this is the gang, there's Remus, Sirius, and Peter," James introduced as he pointed to each one of them. They all waved and greeted her with smiles on their faces.

Sirius gave James a look before saying "so this duchebag apologized huh, you know I'm surprised he even went through with it, he's a bit stupid,"

James kicked his foot under the table.

"Ow! you idiot,"

"don't mind him he's a little dizzy from staring at himself from his spoon."

Sirius gave him a death glare that could probably hurt if it was anybody else, and then he kicked James under the table.

"REMUS! tell Sirius to stop kicking me."

"You started it."

Evelyn found the group's bickering amusing; she had never experienced this much chaoticness before, and she had to say it was a nice change. She didn't notice at that time, in fact, nobody did, but it was the first time in a while that she had a big smile on her face that remained throughout the entire night. Eva found herself in her bed thinking of the day that just went by; she thought about lily, Lucious, the group, and James. She thought about what he did today. He apologized. Never in a million years did she think James potter would apologize to her. Wow, he must really love lily. She fell asleep with a smile on her face that night, thinking about the fact that she finally might have some friends.

♡ ♡ ♡

Authors note: Hello cuties, i want to apologize that my chapters have been so short recently, i don't want to carry on with shorter chapters so in the future they will definitely be more longer and more interesting. So James finally apologized, as he should, and Evelyn finally met the group. I'm so excited to see the group get closer and to start watching James and Evelyn's relationship grow. stay tuned.

love always emily. <3