Chapter 2: New Friends

2 years later 2009

It was a thursday night in june when a girl with dark red hair was walking through a dark alley. Her name was Pandora and she just got off of work. The alley is a shortcut that she took numerous times. Since it was a warm night, she only had on a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts. Suddenly she felt a stab of fear running through her. She look behind her and saw blood red eyes staring back at her. She let out a scream and started to run. She ran right into a guy with dirty blonde hair and emerald green eyes. The guy caught her before she fell.

"Are you okay? What happened?" The guy asks in a voice filled with concern.

She look at him and saw he had on a black t-shirt and black shorts. He also look like he was nineteen, the same age she was.

"I'm fine, thank you. There's something in the alley with blood red eyes. See ya." She said as she step back.

"You're welcome. I'm Nick. Um...see ya." He replied as he held out his hand for a handshake.

She shook it and try to let go but he still held it. She stare at their hands for a moment, seeing how much paler he is compared to hers. Looking up, she open her mouth to scream when she saw he had blood red eyes and fangs. Before she could, he pull her closer, covered her mouth with his other hand and bit her.

"When you are done here, let go shopping. There a Star market nearby." drawl a voice as a figure standing in the shadows watched him.

Nick growl his assent and the figure left. He licked the girl's neck to heal the puncture wounds before dumping the body in a dumpster. Oh how he love Mattapan. He was trying to be a doctor before that faithful night two years ago. Now he is a vampire, thanks to Mitch. He knew that the star market Mitch was talking about is his favorite hunting place. He decided to get a snack before breakfast.

He started walking and withdrew his fangs before exiting the alley. He look around to make sure no one saw him as he uses his speed. A moment later he arrive near the 27 bus stop, close to the store. He saw Mitch sitting on a bench and sat down next to him. Looking at him, he saw his eyes was closed, looking like he was concentrating on something. He frown, wondering what he was doing, but knowing he will explain once he was done. He smile to himself as he stare at him, realizing that he look like he came out of a 80's movie. He had a blue mohawk, in the style of david from the lost boys movie and wearing black sunglasses. They were so dark that you couldn't see his eyes. He look at his clothes and nearly burst out laughing. This guy look like he escape from a rock band. He had on black jeans that was torn at the bottom and a black leather jacket. The ones with those high collars like you see in the movie Grease. All he need is a guitar in his hand to complete the look. Someone has to tell him the year is 2009. He look down and saw he is wearing black sneakers. He heard cars driving away and look up. Now he understands. Mitch is clearing out the store. He really have to learn that handy little trick.

"would you like to tell me what year it is or should we just hunt?" Mitch asks as he open his eyes and look at him.

Nick gave a playful smile as he got up. Mitch sighs as he let him lead the way. This guy is way too cocky and why wouldn't he be? He had dirty blonde hair that was cut short, copying the style from the movie new moon. Jacob was his name. He continue studying him as he ran his hand through his mohawk. He has model good looks and he knows it. He look like he worked out even though he doesn't and this was before he turned him into a vampire. He shook his head as they walked in.

"Oh man. Is there a million dollar giveaway somewhere?" Asks a bagger as the last customer left lane one.

"I don't think so, Claire. If there was, the store wouldn't be open." said the cashier with a small laugh.