Chapter 12 - Comfort After Chaos

Start from the beginning

I'm surrounded by a sea of voices, never sure where they're coming from, like they're moving around me.

"You monster! You destroyed them all!"

W-What...? No, I-I didn't, that wasn't...

"You never belonged here, everyone just tolerates you."

I know I didn't, but I-I helped everyone... isn't that something?

"It's your fault! He never would've died if it wasn't for you!"

...I... I know... but I'm trying my best to fix it now...

Suddenly, everything quiets down. I don't know why. I'm then transported to what looks like a forest. Wait... no, not any forest... this is the forest we live in.

I'm taken by surprise when a scream echoes throughout the pitch-black, tree-filled sky. I don't want to believe it, but it sounded like Rainbow. I hurriedly run towards where the scream came from, and I realize I'm heading towards the cave.

I soon reach the cave, and I notice that the tree base next to it is on fire. The river is turned black with ashes, all of the fish floating to the surface, and... there's someone on the riverbed?

I step closer, and realize in horror that the person laying there on the riverbed is Green Steve.

I run over, screaming out Green's name. When I get to him, I see that there's an iron sword lodged in his side, the wound spilling out crimson blood that flows into the blackened river. He looks like he just got out of a fight with a bunch of bears, too. I attempt to cover the sword wound, but as I try to pick up Green so I can help him, I see his face and know that he's already dead. His eyes are grey and glassed over, and he's not breathing.

Before I can do anything else, I'm suddenly pulled away from him from behind by something I couldn't see, and when I regain myself and look back, Green's body is no longer there. I don't have time to try and figure out what just happened before another scream cuts through the smoldering air, coming from the cave. I look towards what I know as home, and I'm terrified to see that the small crack in the cliff we use for a door has been seemingly blown open, a gaping hole in its place.

I rush towards the cave, and I'm petrified by what I see.

Rainbow, Dark, and Time are all dead on the floor, slashed to pieces and covered in blood. Crystal shards are scattered everywhere. Everything we had built together is broken and torn apart.

I stand there, frozen in place, tears uncontrollably streaming from my eyes. Yet, I don't make a sound. A thousand things are crowding my mind, but shock is all I feel. I don't even move. I've... I've just lost everyone and everything I had left.

I'm snapped out of it when I hear someone behind me. I quickly turn around, only to be stabbed into my chest by a familiar spear. My tear-filled eyes focus on a white figure I know very well... but he looks corrupted. Darkness creates lines and splotches his ivory armor and crawls over half of his face, his normally pale orange eyes now completely turned black.

This strange form of Light suddenly pulls his spear from my chest, but I somehow stay standing. I place my right arm over the stab wound, still in shock. Blood covers my forest green sleeve. I glance upward for a moment, seeing the silver spear being aimed right at my head, and-

—————————————————————————————————————

My eyes snap open and I sit up, adrenaline coursing through my veins, my panic enough to make me move on my own.

At that same moment, my friends in the same room all do the same and almost scream, but stop themselves. We all look at each other, worried, before we realize that it was all just a dream.