Chapter 1: Athanasia

The shadow of the Imperial Family.

Iana de Alger Obelia, the Second Princess of Obelia.

Having to be left in front of the imperial gates with no clear signs of who her mother is, everyone thought that she was an illegitimate child of the late Prince and a prostitute he fooled around with, thus Iana grew up with no parental love.

She was treated like she's some single speck of dust of dusk that nobody gave a damn about touching.

Including the emperor and empress who had taken her under their wings.

While publicly showering the Crown Princess with love and attention, the emperor never showed his face in her path or even bothered to take the time to look after her. The empress blatantly degraded her in front of everyone, not only did it occur within the palace, but also in a public setting.

Yet no one helped her.

Everyone viewed them as righteous people despite the way they treated their ' other daughter'

But still, Iana looked up to them, especially her older sister.

The Crown Princess, Jennette de Alger Obelia.

Who was much like her was also the late Prince daughter except her mother was the fiancee of the late Prince and later took on the position of empress when Jennette became the crown princess.

Just as Iana was the darkness, Jennette was the light.

The light that Iana can never be.

However, despite receiving differing treatment, the two princesses maintained their bond.

Iana loved her older just as much as Jennette loved her younger sister.

But one thing will never change.

They will always choose Jennette over her.

Well at least that was before he came back.

-

"How dare you call Jennette sister?!" The maids and crown princess all watched in horror as the empress brutality hit the second princess on the face that sent her to the ground. She had caught the second princess calling the crown princess 'sister' a title that she never wanted her daughter to be called by someone less than her.

"I-I'm s...sorry mo- y-y-your ma..jesty!" The second princess cried out in pain but no one could do anything. What power can they have over the mother of the empire? Even Jennette didn't do anything to help out Iana in fear that if she does her younger sister will receive a harsher punishment from her mother.

But before things escalated, a bunch of imperial guards came rushing to them.

"Your majesty! The Prince!" One of them said frantically while the others shook in fear. Upon the mention of her late fiance, the empress raised her brow and turned her attention towards the imperial guards.

Seeing that her mother was distracted, Jennette didn't waste any time and rushed towards her younger sister and comforted her in her arms. The younger was shaking in fear and tears kept pouring down her face. She felt guilty about the fact that she technically had more power over her mother yet couldn't do anything.

"It's okay...It's okay Iana, I'm here"

"What about that Claude?" She said in a repulsive tone.

"His highness, Prince Claude started a rebellion against his majesty!"

Everything went quiet. They all looked at the guard as if he were crazy...It had already been over 5 years since they announced the prince was dead, how can he be alive when they had found his body?