viii. Best Birthday pt ll

Comenzar desde el principio

"Alright let's get you home." I turn to the bartender. "Can you call her a taxi? Thanks."

"BYEE VANESSA." Her friend quickly turns to us.

"HEY. WAIT." I stop for a second as she scribbles something down on a napkin and hands it to me. "HERE. CALL ME LATER. BYE ROXY." I walk away as I hear her friend order more drinks. I carefully sit Roxy in her seat, buckling her up. I make my way over to side and get in, just to see her slumped down in her seat, her head facing down.

"I can't go home. Mom's gunna kill me." She hiccups. I sigh and look for a water bottle in the back. I spot one and hand it to her, trying to sober her up a bit.

"Look, you can crash at my place and I'll drop you off in the morning." She slightly nods her head and takes the water.

"What is this?" She gasps and looks up at me. "IS IT VODKA?" He snort at her question.

"Yeah, sure. It's whatever you want it to be." I shake my head, realizing the night I have ahead of me. I start the van and drive away, trying to go as smoothly as I can so she doesn't somehow hurt herself.

* your favorite daily time skippp 😻*

As I pull up to my trailer, I accidentally slam on the breaks, making Roxy fall forward. "Shit. Are you ok?" I quickly run out and open her door. She falls out onto me and we both groan. I try to stand her up before putting her arm around me.

"It's fine, I can walk myself inside." I run up to to open the door as she stumbles in, making her way over to my bed and falling on it. I stop at the door to admire her. She lays on her stomach, arms spread above her head, one of her leg's bent up while the other's straight. Suddenly she starts laughing.

"Stop looking at me creep." She rolls over and pats down the side next to her. "Come 'ere. Lay down with me." I chuck off my shoes and fall down right next to her. She faces the the ceiling. We lay in silence for a couple of minutes.

"You lied." I turn to look at her. "You're just like papa." She her lip quivers.

"Roxy wha-"

"It wasn't vodka. It was fucking water." I go to touch her face, but she rolls onto her side before I get the chance to. Everything goes silent for a few seconds. Suddenly I hear sniffling on my left.

"Roxy.. are you ok?" The sniffling turns into snickering and soon after full on laughter. I lean onto my side, our faces connecting. I look at her with my eyes widened; She bites her lip and smiles. "You are so weird. Are you still drunk?"

She nods, showing a full smile as she silently laughs. "Just a lil." She giggles like a little girl. "Crap. What time is it?"

"11:54. You should call your mom, let her know where you're at." She stands up and fixes her hair.

"Yeah- Hey do you maybe have something I could, uhm, wear?"

"Mhm, Let me find you something while you call. Phone's on the right wall next to the restroom." She hums and walks out. I get up stretching and walk to my drawers. I pick out a nice pair of black sweats and my Hellfire shirt for her to wear. I put them on the edge of my bed and slump down onto it. As I'm playing with the ends of my hair, I can hear her soft muffled voice talking.

"Yes, mom. I'm safe; I'm just staying over at a friend's place. Yes, I know, I know. No, I'm staying at Eddie's place. I don't care if Dustin's little chubby fingers strangle me for hanging out with him. No- Mom, please, don't tell him." I snicker at her responses. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you, mom. I love you, too. Bye." She hangs up the phone and enters the room.

"Clothes are on the edge for you." I start to play with my rings.

"Thanks." She lazily takes off her shoes before looking up at me. "Close your eyes." I proceed to ask why. "Because I said so." She says giggling. I slap my left hand on my eyes, slowly creating a pocket between my middle and ring finger. Before I could see anything, she throws her dress onto my head. "Not today, Munson." We laugh and she finishes getting changed. She gets onto the bed and she faces me. "Thank you. For today. It's been the best unofficial birthday I've ever had." She hugs me and my face softens. I hug her back and she speaks up one last time. "You're the best, Eddie Munson." I crack a small smile and within a few minutes we fall asleep.