viii. Best Birthday pt ll

Start from the beginning

"Hey, where's Eddie?" I look around to try and spot him.

"Oh he just left to go to the restroom." I suddenly hear someone cooing from next to us.

"Awwe! You guys look cute!" I look next to me to see Vanessa. I laugh and shake my head. I feel Gareth drop his hand from my shoulder and walk back to pack up. "Ok so, I got you a Tiger Blood cocktail. It does have tequila, but you can handle that right?" I nod my head, smiling, and take a sip from the drink she handed me.

"Holy shit, Vanessa. This is good!" I continue to take a few large sips before saying, "Hey, let's head back to the bar, I really wanna order shots." She laughs and agrees. As we're making our way to the bar someone takes my hand, spinning me around to reveal Eddie.

"Hey there, Rox." He takes my drink and tries this, scrunching his face up. "What's this?"

"Hi! Oh, It's a drink a girl I met bought me. It's actually good, try it!" He laughs at my excitement and hands it back to me.

"Maybe after I'm done packing up." Just then Vanessa comes over and tries to drag me over to the bar.

"Come on, birthday girl! We gotta go get you those shots!" Eddie looks over at me in shock.

"It's your birthday? Why didn't you tell me!"

"Well, you never asked me when it was. Plus, it's technically tomorrow."

"Alright, well, we definitely have to celebrate after this then." We stay smiling at each other for a good second before I hear whining.

"Let's gooo Roxy! We only get to celebrate the big one eight once!"

"Ok, ok! Let's go!" We go over to the bar and she orders a round of shots.

*9 rounds of shots later*

"WOOO. ANOTHER ROUND PLEASE, FINE GENTLEMEN." Me and Vanessa are way past tipsy, but not drunk yet.

Eddie's pov:

I finish loading up the van and close the door, jumping when I see Gareth. "Fuck, Gareth." I scoff. "What do you want."

"Nothing. Just, uh, what's your deal? With that Roxy chick?" He pulls out a cig and lights it.

"What?"

"Yeah. Do you like her?"

"Man, what are you even saying? She's just a friend, alright." I start to walk back inside, thinking that conversation was over.

"So you wouldn't mind me asking her out. Right." He exhaled as I turn around.

"What's your problem, man?." He starts to walk up to me.

"I just wanna know if you have any feelings for her before I take her on a nice date to Enzo's." He brings the cig up to his lips.

"Look, she's not into you. Stay away from my.. friend." I stomp away. Soon as I open the doors, loud laughter hits my ears. I look over to see the blonde chick from earlier with Roxy, who has her head down on the bar table. I quickly make my way over to her. "Hey, Rox. You ok?" She slowly lifts up her head and faces me.

"EDDIE. HEYY. OOH COME SIT AND HAVE SOME SHOTS WITH US!" She reeks of alcohol. I sigh sitting down and take a shot. I know I'm gunna need it for later.

"How much have you had to drink?" I brush her hair out of her face so she can see better.

"NOT THAT MUCH. JUST LIKE," She turns to her friend, "HEY VANESSA HOW MUCH HAVE WE HAD?"

"LIKE, UHM." The girl, Vanessa, looks up at the ceiling. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 17" She slowly miscounts. I stand up and pick up Roxy, putting her arm around my shoulder.