"What?" Jeremiah said, disappointed. "Did you say dad's not coming?" This time it was Conrad walking into the kitchen again.

Susannah nodded, "But I got some serious fireworks for the show this year..!" Jere frowned and Susannah shrugged, "we'll take a video or something"

"It's not the same." Jere said, looking away. Conrad leaned against the sink, smiling. "What're you smiling over there for?" Jere asked.

I looked at him and we stared at each others' eyes, "No... no reason" Connie said, breaking the eye contact.

-

I was fixing the bed sheets for the guest bedroom when Conrad spoke up, "You gotta fold better than that, sinnie" He smiled all giddily.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit, fixing the corners. "Yeah that's not working" He smirked and I scoffed/laughed

"Then what will?" I asked, smiling too. He walked over and I moved out the way. He fixed it to make it look better, "Like that, see?"

I shook my head no and he went to the other corner, "Look, like this" He showed me. I nodded and smiled at him.

If me and Conrad were together when we were older.. is this what it would be like? Making our bed together in the morning?

"Ya know, it's a little weird that your dad's not coming over this 4th.. but what's weirder is my dad getting a girlfriend" I shivered at the thought. "I mean, my dad not coming over is a little surprising but your dad having a girlfriend isn't that weird.. It's been like a year right?" He said.

"Okay well yeah but like what if she's a rich spoiled brat? I bet you my dad pulled someone younger than him! It's like all those typical movies"

He laughed, "She probably isn't a brat! She might be really nice"

"Yeah and like she probably is!" I laughed and he threw a pillow at me making us both laugh again. "She probably is nice, just be good to her" He smiled.

A car honked, "It's kinda sad your dads' not coming this year" I said. "Not at all, i'm not sad" He told me. "Karsyn!" Mom yelled from downstairs

We both looked at each other, "dun dun dunn, the brat has arrived" He whispered and smirked. I stared at him with an annoyed expression.

-

We all stood by the front door looking out the window to see Victoria. "She's half my dad's age!" I muttered. "She's hot.." Jeremiah said. "Dude." Steven said. I hit the back of Jere's head, "What?? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking" He said.

"I wasn't thinking that." Belly said, staring at Victoria. "Yo that could be their future stepmom.." Conrad said. "Dude- What the hell?" Steven said and pushed Conrad.

"Don't push me" He smiled as he said that and started play fighting with Steven. "Guys- Guys they're coming!" Jeremiah and I whisper-yelled. Belly, Steven, and I pushed Conrad and Jere out.

We turned around and saw Susannah walking in, "Hey.." Steven said with a smile and Belly chuckled awkwardly. Mom walked in next and whispered to us, "Be nice"

I rolled my eyes. "Hey" Dad smiled and closed the door. "Dad!" I said and hugged him, he laughed. He looked at Belly and Steven, "Come give your old man a hug, eh?" He said and hugged them next.