6- The Apprehension

Start from the beginning

I watched the clock; it took me a minute to process the numbers

9:35 AM

Thankfully, I still had enough time before I had to leave.

Whilst my food was cooking, I went to the TV and turned it on. The first thing that popped up was some annoying news anchor. But it gave me all the information I needed. It was Wednesday. And yesterday and Vecna definitely happened. Not as if I needed any more proof

My toaster dinged and the bagel was done. I finished putting together the rest of my food, then I sat at the table and ate my food. I was still struggling to figure out if everything else that I remember actually happened. 

I'm like 80% sure Eddie still being alive was a dream. Some sick, fucked up dream

When I went to throw away my empty paper plate, I saw into the bin. There were multiple soda cans and bags of popcorns.

I sighed in relief, then dumped my trash in

At least Robin wasn't a dream

I expected my shoes to be by the front door. But when I looked down, I saw them thrown carelessly across the floor, almost into the living room.

I shrugged and knelt down, putting them both on. 

I turned back to the table, blank of everything but a hairbrush. The hairbrush might as well have the words 'go downstairs' in bold on them, because that's all I could think about when I looked at it.

Giving in, I went over to the brush and picked it up. The clock read 9:44, I still had about 6 minutes until I had to go. Though I want to get leaving soon because I normally take Robin to work as she doesn't have her own car. 

I stared in the direction of the hallway. 

My feet leave me to the basement door, I twisted the knob and stepped into the first step. It was decently light enough for me to see. 

I jogged down the stairs. Desperate to get whatever satisfaction I wanted by coming down here to be quick. I had to leave soon. 

I walked into the room. Squinting at the 2 small windows flooding light in. 

Then I looked around and froze. The hairbrush slipped from my fingers, and I struggled to catch it with my other hand. 

What

ok...

ok

This is fine

Eddie is alive

Eddie is in my basement

And no one knows but Dustin

I took a deep breath. At least the hairbrush made sense now. 

Eddie was half covered by the blanket, and one of his legs was dangling off the couch. 

His hair was splayed behind him, showing the bandages on his face, and the rest of his face. His mouth was partially open, and his eyes were closed, of course.

I carefully walked over and slowly put the hairbrush down on the small table beside the couch.

I sat crisscross in front of him, leaning over to the table to grab a white newspaper. A long strip was blank, and I ripped it off, trying not to make much noise doing so.

On the table, I pressed the piece of paper down and took a pen. In small writing, it said, 

I'm leaving to go to work, I'll be back at 6. Try to entertain urself. Don't leave the house. ples brush your hair (i left u a hairbrush) Help urself to anything in the kitchen. Don't die