You got ready and made your favorite breakfast, figuring that you deserved a little reward after everything you've been through before you headed out and made your way to school.

It was less intimidating, at least, when both the yard outside and the hallways were filled with people. Everyone was too absorbed in their own conversations with their friends to bother noticing you, so you could pass through as if you were invisible. All the while you were keeping your head on a swivel, on the lookout for that mop of long blond hair but you saw nothing. Instead, you started to focus on the other students here: at who you might be able to be friends with, and who you're better off avoiding.

You make it to History class and you're the first one there, allowing you to quietly apologize for yesterday instead of making up a scene about it.

The guy in the varsity jacket (whose name was Todd, according to roll call) and his girlfriend (Bri) were still caught gawking at you and snickering about something from time to time, but the rest of the class left you alone. You even answered a difficult question and that seemed to impress Mr. Graham enough that he wasn't on your case anymore. Every now and then you clutch your necklace tight in one hand, glancing out the doorway to make sure no one was standing there waiting for you.

But all went well, and Math class didn't have any issues, either. Now you just had to make it through lunch, and you found yourself wishing you had some friends to sit with but given that the alternative was being.

Once you make it through the cafeteria line and take your unappetizing looking square slice of pizza (with apple slices on the side so they can say it's nutritionally balanced), you find a spot at an empty table to sit at. Maybe you should just pack your own lunch from now on, you think as you take a bite of your pizza.

Eating alone sucks, so you finish as quickly as you possibly can and decide to make your way to the library and study until it's time for English. The library is the one place where you can sit quietly alone without being judged too harshly for it.

On the way to the library, you feel a hand on your back and almost jump out of your skin, but you turn around, and...it's Todd.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Todd says.

You feel anger rising within you, like something hot in your chest. Todd and his stupid girlfriend have already managed to make you feel out of place here, and you want to tell him where he can shove it.

But when you speak, a quiet and meek "It's okay" is all that comes out.

"Good, good. Have you met Bri?" he says.

You turn around and there she is. "No," you say, "I mean, hi. I'm Y/N."

"Y/N, it is soooo nice to meet you!" Bri says with a big, friendly smile, "I am so sorry about History class, we were being douchebags. I've never moved schools so I didn't even think of how hard it would be."

"Oh. Uh, thanks," you say, but there's something a little off about her demeanor. These two were still making fun of you just this morning.

"Come on, walk with us," Todd says.

They're flanking you on either side like hungry wolves. You go along with them, figuring you didn't have many other options.

"So, what was that about yesterday? In class," Bri asks.

"What do you mean?" you say, trying to play dumb about the whole thing, "I was just tired is all."

"You seemed really upset about something. Did Theo actually say something to you? Ugh, I hate that little creep," Bri says.