"so it looks like a ride on the ferris wheel is a must." joe joked, and lillie laughed.

"i think so." she agreed.

"i'm ready to leave now if you wanna get going?" he asked, and lillie nodded.

"sounds good." she said, turning back to asa. "come on ase, we're gonna go back to the car now."

joe grabbed the bag of food, making sure his wallet was shoved in his pocket before grabbing a hat and sunglasses off the bench.

"shall we?" he spoke, as lillie and asa joined him. lillie nodded, stepping forward to open the door for him.

asa hovered at her mother's feet, glancing up at joe before grabbing onto his spare hand. his eyes widened slightly as he made eye contact with lillie, who looked just as shocked.

"you good ase?" lillie asked, and the three year old nodded happily, her blonde hair bouncing in her pigtails.

"yep." she grinned, looking up at joe who smiled back at her.

"clearly her getting used to you won't take long at all." lillie laughed, her heart swelling at the pair in front of her.

"apparently not." joe said, clearly trying to hide his excitement at the acceptance of the three year old. he had been worried that she wouldn't like him, not that he would ever tell lillie that.

the group of three made their way back down to lillie's car and before they knew it they were on the road, music playing loudly as joe and asa sang along. a large grin appeared on lillie's face as she glanced between the man next to her and her daughter in the rear view mirror.

finally her world felt complete.

✭✭✭✭✭

uncle_jezzy added to their story

✭✭✭✭✭