34.

" GOODBYE REKI "

" GOODBYE REKI "

shit shit," you ran around the hospital trying to find reki's room while xiao was following you before he grabbed your shoulders stopping to calm you.

"reki!? you're alive," you had opened his room door to find his eyes open sitting up on the hospital bed.

"just barely," reki chuckled he was trying to hold up his hand to wave but he couldn't get his arm to move. he still had his same cheerful smile as always.

"stop joking you dickhead what happened to you?" you ran towards him and sat at the chair beside him. xiao had left the room he thought it would be better to leave you two be.

"I got ran over what else?" he smiled and you shoved his head telling him to stop taking it as a joke.

"nah but it was worth it," reki smiled closing his eyes as he leaned his head back onto the pillow. "I saved yanfei's life at least," he added making your eyes widen.

reki had pushed yanfei out of the way before the car could hit her as a drunk driver was driving all over the place.

his thoughts were he was going to die anyways and yanfei was going to be a lawyer. people needed her more than people needed him.

so without hesitation he pushed her and that landed him where he's at right now. you just broke down laying your head down onto his bed.

"you'll be okay," you tried to convince yourself he was going to be okay but he suffered so many injuries. reki just gave a soft smile using his last strength to raise his hand and rest it on the top of your head.

"I'll be just fine y/n I promise," he assured but you knew he was lying. you knew he wasn't going to live. you knew he wasn't going to show up tomorrow.

he was going to be gone for good.

"can I say something?" reki questioned and you shook your head not wanting to cry even harder making reki just laugh. reki continued anyway even though you said no.

"open the box under my bed will you? even if I'm not here or you forget my voice. please don't forget my face," he couldn't help his voice breaking.

he was also beginning to cry he wanted to keep a straight face. he wanted to know that he was call and that he knew you were jusf fine before he went for good.

but he couldn't he wanted to also live like what he said before. he wanted to fulfill his dreams and even make some new friends or get married himself.

but it's okay because he was happy to die knowing he saved someone instead of causing pain to everyone around him.

"I wish I never went overseas but I think I did a good part in your life at least you met xiao and got new friends y/n I love you and this time more than a friend."

"I don't have any more plans on breaking xiao and you up but maybe in another life where I get to live longer, I'd at least like to do what we planned before."

"we both have a future together," reki still had his hand on your head as you cried even harder.

"remember the photo booth? you yelled at me for making dumb faces. oh yeah also sammy the dumb frog we found on the side of the road," he laughed even more tears rolling down his cheek.

"we ran away from home and slept on the grass looking at the sky. we got in so much trouble when your parents found us," he began to ramble on about all the memories you guys made.

"we used to hit each other with pillows until we collapsed to the ground laughing, do you remember?"

"I remember I remember it all why wouldn't I?" you managed to say as you couldn't stop crying.

"I'm happy with those memories and one more thing tell yanfei to not blame herself will you? she's a kind hearted person and I wish her the best for her future."

"I was kinda hoping she'd be my lawyer to bail me out if I ever end up in jail in the future," he laughed.

"anyways I don't want you crying anymore so in another life I hope you still love me like you did before. you're still my favorite person till this day, I love you y/n."

"goodbye y/n," reki had pulled his hand away and you brought your head up wanting to say one last thing but before you could you had seen his hand drop and the machine began to beep continuously.

before you knew it, doctors and nurses were rushing in and try saving his life you had stood at the doorway your eyes wide open as you had heard the machine stop beeping.

reki's eyes were closed and he was gone, just like that. he was gone before his deadline but with a smile.

he was gone for good this time.