Instead of going back home, I asked Mohit to take us to a restaurant, any restaurant. If I go home , I might end up being an asshole to Shehnaaz and hurting her is the last thing I want to do.

"I heard you failed", Sanjay , my former boss's son , mocked as he walked into the VIP section of the restaurant where I was relaxing.

"Who told you I was here?" I asked, effortlessly.

"Your men , they have the same obligation to answer my question as much as they do your", Sanjay said .

"Whatever Sanjay ", I clicked my tongue.

"I don't know why my future made you the boss when I would have controlled things perfectly. I still don't get what he saw in a coward like you ", he took a bite from the food that was in front of me.

"To you, I might be a coward and a pathetic fool but at least, I was nat a useless sonto my father", I gritted my teeth.

He banged his hand hard on the table while looking murderously.

"Don't you......." I dragged the chair I was sitting on a backward as I stood up abruptly.

"I won't waste my time by sitting here and talking to a dimwit like you"

I turned the knob of the door, opened it and walked out feelings better than earlier. I could hear plates being broken as I walked out.

A grown-ass man throwing a tantrum.

I got into the car and relaxed my head a little. The day's events were emotionally draining and I don't think I'll survive another.

"I think you should see this Boss", Mohit announced from the front seat of the car.

"What's that?" He passed his iPad to me.

I collected it and the next thing I saw was Shehnaaz on the screen, it was a police record profile of a missing person. She had been reported Missing by two people just on the same day.

"Where did you get this ?" I asked.

"It was announced on TV and I asked a police friend to send me the full details" Mohit replied.

I gave him back the iPad and rubbed my face with my hand. I was going through an internal turmoil of either letting her go or not .

I've waited all my life for my MATE. I'd searched for her after I saw her in my dreams to no avail and now that she is right beside me, I don't think I'll survive letting her go.

A missing person was announced on TV this afternoon and a lot of people saw you here this morning, So before a bunch of stupid police officers come running through my door to arrest me for kidnapping and probably rape and every other unthinkable crime, I think I deserve to know what happened before I decide if I should let you return home or take you to the police station myself".

I didn't mean to but I ended up yelling at her. The thoughts of letting her go back home drove me mad. It made me lose control of myself.

I could feel fangs coming out. I swallowed hard before I lost control.

"I'm sorry " She apologized.

"I don't want your apolo....." I stopped once I noticed the tears".

"Why the heck are you crying?"

Hurriedly I moved closer to her. My hands were shaking as I was scared that I'd hurt her. I held her face in my hand and kissed her forehead before I kissed both her cheeks. I wanted to kiss her lips so badly but I hesitated, knowing she might not like the Idea.

It's ok if you don't want to talk about it now. I understand it might be hard for you to do but promise me that you'll tell me someday " I assured her.

"I promise Sidharth. Please don't get mad at me like that again. I don't know why but my heart stopped beating at that moment and it felt so heavy and I felt suffocated "

Shit!

             "The soulmate bond"

I was so stupid to not realize that her emotions will get messed up if I get angry. Since she unknowingly sealed the mate bond, I knew things wouldn't stay the same. I might have control over both of our emotions but she's a newborn vampire, control isn't her best fort.

"I'm sorry I did that to you. I'm so sorry baby , I should have known that would happen. It's the soulmate bond" I kissed her hair and pulled her closer into my body.

"The what?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it Love. What do you want to do? Tell me .

"I want to go back home " She said.

I wasn't taken aback by her response. In fact, I was expecting it. I knew that's what she would ask for and I don't think I should keep denying her of her wants. If  I want her to trust me, then I should learn to trust her as well.

"Just for two days , Shehnaaz. You'll return after two days ".

Taking me by surprise this time she wrapped her hands around my torso and hugged me tightly.

" Thank you "

I kissed her hair and held her close.