A trade | Bloody sword🍋

You looked left, then right, deciding to go down the left hall, you wandered around, confused and lost.

"Wha- I could have sworn this was it! Maybe it was to the right?" You backtracked then went down the right hall. With only the sound of your heels clicking on perfectly polished white tiles.

"Wait... this is a dead end! What the hell!?" Oh, you hated learning new places! Especially stupid elaborate mansions that were too damn big!

"I was wondering where my sheep had run off to, Poor thing, did you get lost again?"

There he was, the owner and count of this blasted place. Silver hair pulled back and dressed in evening lounging wear, yet his sword remained ever at his side. And standing next to him sat his eternal servant, the one who rarely spoke.

"Apologies My count, The halls look so similar,"

"Misfit, did you fail to show her all the signs of which corridor leads to which side of the manor again?"

The bodyguard bowed his head.

"Your age is catching up to you, Perhaps a punishment is in order?" He grabbed Misfits jaw and yanked his head up to face him.

"My count! If I may speak!"

"Speak

"It wasn't his fault! I'm just very forgetful! So, please punish me instead. "

Sword stopped shaking Misfits jaw and glanced over at you, confusion written in his face, "I was teasing, Do you know how long it took for this one to remember all the floors, hidden passages and traps?"

'There are traps here?!' You suddenly felt very aware of all the sharp hanging swords and suits of armor.

"Five, it took him five years to memorize everything, I can assure you he's nothing but a massive Softie, isn't that right, my little weapon of mass destruction?" He pinched Misfits cheek, and the shorter man grumbled, "Ah? What was that? I couldn't quite hear that...oh? Oh, Misfit, you sly dog!"

That's when the servant grabbed Sword by the waist and tossed him over his shoulder.

'What the hell?' This wasn't what you expected when you first came here.

"Ngh," Misfit grunted, turning to get your attention.

"C-coming!" And you followed just a few steps behind him.

"Now lamb, you see that gargoyle? The one holding the Sapphire in its mouth? That leads to the south part of the manor where the servants sleep and their courters. " he pointed at a bust while Misfit continued to carry him.

"Ah,"

Misfit heaved the count higher up over his shoulder and continued walking.

"Now this area is my favorite," he said pointing to large,gothic French door that led out into the garden," Misfit and I enjoy painting the afternoon away, perhaps you'd like to join us?'

"Whenever I'm done with my chores, my lord,"

"Oh, Misfit! Do you remember when I was but a fledgling? I did a flip off the steeple and broke the roof! Do you remember that?"

A grunt

"Ahhh, we do make many fond memories here,"

"You... you jumped off the steeple!?"

"No, no, I did a flip! My foot slipped, and i fell. "

This couldn't seriously be the man who was said to have turned a lake red? A man who was feared and whose name was muttered under drunken lips and mischievous children up well past their bedtime.