Part 18 Three Strikes II

Start from the beginning

"Kenshin! Tetsuya! Why are you two still standing there?"

"Eh?"

"Seems like he has mistaken us for some people who worked here?" Joker whispered, we decided to play along with the old man.

"Kenshin! I told you not to take Tetsuya out drinking! We have an important mission tonight to keep this treasure safe, do you not understand?" The old man looked at Joker angrily.

"Ye-yes sir! We will go get changed now, sir!"

"Hold up!" We straightened our backs at his voice again. He then glanced at us," What's with the weird costumes? I know you generations nowadays like the what thing? Cosplaying? But now we ain't got time for that!"

"Um, we--"

"That's it. That's it. Now come with me and stand onto your posts!" He led us straight towards where the treasure would be. The floor seemed to be wet with our shoes dripping each step we take.

"You two stand still and stay on guard right now, I will come back later after I had finished my bowl of ramen." With that, the old man left us standing in front of the safe. "And!" He yelled once again,"No drinking before this post is over!"

"Heh, don't think I didn't notice the bottles of wine you had secretly stored right in the corner of the room... " He quietly grumbled and left the room.

"Well, that was easy?" Joker peered towards the door where the old man went to, I tried to reach for the safe box when he halted my actions.

"Wait, wait, milady!"

Annoyed, I darted my eyes at him, "What now?"

"You should have listened to what I told you earlier. There were traps all around and I wasn't joking!"

"Well, what do you have to do now?" I crossed my arms and looked back at him.

"Let's see... " I turned on my visors and do a quick scan around the room. Yep, there were several bottles of wine at the corner, but the safe box is empty.

"The safe box is empty."

"What?"

"It may be another trap, that old man from just now, he might not be a real senile one, this could be his way of luring us in."

"So do we just go right out from the door and search for the treasure?"

He walked towards the corner and grabbed several bottles of wine. "Ooh! Grape wine! This looks pretty expensive!"

"Ugh... You'll have that expensive looking wine while I go get the treasure."

I grabbed the door handle and turned for as hard as I could. It's not opening!

"It's locked?!"

"Hahahaha! That's right, now you're trapped here, you both shall be captured tonight!" Someone walked out from the shadows on the second floor, we raised our heads to see Inspector Oniyama giving out his scornful laugh.

Slowly one by one, the group of policemen came out from the dark as well. They got into their positions and started aiming their guns at us.

"Release the ice!" One of the gang pulled down a lever, the walls surrounding us lowered and reveal a huge machine that started releasing monstruous volume of ice. 

Brr... So cold... 

The floor soon became an ice rink and once it got slippery I started to lose balance and fell to the ground. "Ouch... " Every time I tried to get back up, I always ended up slamming back down the floor in some weird falling positions.