"Did she just..."

"Mhm," I giggled with my hand over my full mouth. "That was the first time, I think. The first time I've felt it, anyway."

"Why did that happen? What's going on in there?" He lifted my tank top to reveal my bare skin, slowly moving his hand around like he was trying to feel for it again.

"I don't know, say something."

He gave me a look. "What am I supposed to say? It's not like she can hear me."

"Yes she can," I laughed. "Why do you think I've been playing classical music so much lately? She can hear everything we're saying right now."

"Yeah, but she can't understand it. Her brain isn't like...a real brain yet."

"Her brain is very much a real brain, Harry," I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Okay, well I don't like the idea that she's listening to every single word I've been saying to you for how long now? Weeks? Months?"

I gasped when I felt her move again, and this time we saw the way she poked under my skin. "See?! She loves the sound of your voice."

He was fighting a smile as he continued to deny that, but he was still waiting for another touch from her. "She doesn't know whose voice it is, Grace."

"Yeah she does," I insisted, pushing my fingers through her hair. "It's the same one she hears every morning when we wake up, and every night before we go to bed. Has to be her daddy. Or the pool boy, I guess."

Harry didn't laugh like I did, but he took me by major surprise as he exhaled and shifted to slowly lay down with his head in my lap, facing me. He didn't say anything for a minute, but I watched him push forward to kiss my belly before he laid his head back down and closed his eyes.

"What's up?" I asked him, massaging my fingers through his hair.

"Nothin'."

"Okay," I laughed like that wasn't true, and he knew it too.

Patiently, I let another minute go by while I waited for him to open up to me, which I knew was about to happen when he slowly blinked and kept that concerned pout on his face.

"I'm just...I mean, do you think I'm gonna be alright at it?"

"Alright at what?"

"Like...holding her and...whatever else I'm supposed to do with her."

I wanted to laugh at the thought of him being insecure about something, but that was the last thing I actually did. Harry was hands down the most confident person I had ever met in my entire life, so this was a side I was seeing for the first time.

"I'm not a patient guy, Grace," he continued. "What if I lose my temper because she won't stop crying or something? Or what if she asks me questions and I don't know how to answer them because I don't know how to talk to children? What if I fuck her up and ruin her childhood and she grows up to have daddy issues or something?"

Okay, so that made me laugh, but just a little. "I mean...I have daddy issues and I turned out alright, didn't I?"

Harry looked up at me with a weak laugh before focusing on my belly again. "I just don't wanna screw her up for you, and then you'll hate me for it because I ruined her and you love her so much."

"Hey," I used a more serious tone, one that made him look at me again. "You're not gonna screw her up, Harry. And I don't know what you think I'm expecting of you anyway. We both have no idea what we're doing, and we're both going to learn as we go along."