Chapter 8: The Meeting

Start from the beginning

Miles's face flushed red, "No! I just-"

"Yeah, yeah, we all understand perfectly," Peter cast him a not at all subtle wink, "But nice to see you kids," He cast Porker a smirk, "You too, Bacon Bit."

Ham growled in annoyance, "I wouldn't talk, Parker. You're more of a Pot-belly than my uncle, George."

Peni giggled while, Peter tightened his lips into a scowl, "Hey, that's not fair."

Gwen, who had been standing behind Porker, shrugged lazily, "Welcome to life, Peter."

A robotic female voice sounded round the room, "Miguel wishes to see you all in the surveillance room."

"Couldn't he have told us himself?" Miles muttered to himself.

The group made their way down the hall, past the moving portraits on the wall and toward the room they had all met in the last time they were here. The technology in this dimension never ceased to amazed Miles.

"So Peni, do you know what's going on?" Miles heard Gwen ask.

"Of course, but I thought it might be better to let, Lyla do the explaining. She'd be better at breaking it down for you guys than I would."

Miles understood that Peni was from the future as well. He was pretty sure that her universe was even further in the future than Miguel's, but he couldn't help but take a bit of offense at that statement. Peni was basically saying she needed Miguel's robot, lady-friend's help to dumb it down for them. He decided to brush it off. Peni didn't mean anything by it. Plus, she was a genius after all.

He looked over to Gwen and almost laughed aloud. She was probably thinking the same thing, judging by the peeved and irritated expression on her face.

When the spiders reached the surveillance room, Miles found it looked the same as last time, lined with multiple holograms and television screens. The boy found himself wondering just how advanced the TV's were.

"The year is 2099 right? So they're probably like 24k TVs. That's so cool! I wonder if Miguel would let me keep one. Probably not."

Miguel was leaning against the wall with his arms folded, looking as if he'd been waiting for them forever when in reality, it had only been a few minutes. He just always had this expression on his face that made Miles feel that he wished they weren't there. To Miles his face read 'As soon as we stop Olivia I'm done with you all'. Miles was not a big fan of his and would honestly be glad to not have to see him anymore.

"Lyla, they're here," Miguel announced their presence to his A.I. Then the same fair skinned lady appeared as a hologram in front of them.

"What is it, Miguel? I was in the middle of something."

"Isn't she a computer? What could she have been doing?"

Miguel sighed, "Just explain to them what Peni told me?"

"Oh seriously! I don't want to have to speak stupid for these half-brains."

Miguel groaned and Peter stated, "I take offense to that."

Peni looked up at the hologram, with a smile, her eyes sparkling. "We know how smart you are, Lyla. Can you please explain it to them, just this once?" she pleaded.

Lyla huffed, "Fine."

Miguel head shot up and he blinked three times, "Wait, that worked?"