Georgie didn't want to pry so she went back to the kitchen.

Mid-way between buttering up the toast, she'd started paying attention on their conversation happening just the room next door since they weren't exactly trying to be quiet.

Or discreet.

What she'd heard, had her almost dropping the butter knife and struggle to catch herself.

She'd clutched the kitchen counter and hunched over, putting her head in her hands.

She was sobbing but she was sobbing quietly.

She'd felt like her entire world has just shattered.

As if she'd just been told that everything she ever believed was a lie.

John B had lost his virginity to a Touron.

It had been fun and uneventful.

But to Georgie, it was everything she feared.

Despite being each other's first kiss, the duo had never been anything more.

Never tried to turn their friendship into anything more than what it was.

But Georgie still had hope.

And that day, she knew that waiting for John B was a mistake.

She could still be in love with him and try to find comfort somewhere else.

Maybe one day she'd hit the right place and won't be in love with him anymore.

A year later and she still had feelings for John B.

And now, Kiara seems to crush on him too?

What is happening.

Suddenly, she spots police cars on the road.

In an instant, she snaps out of her trance and whisper yells to gain her friends' attention.

"Hey, hey, cops", she nudges Pope.

Both Pope and Kiara look back, a state or urgency quickly being assumed by the trio.

"Shit".

"Call them", Kiara tells Pope who shakes his head with wide eyes.

"I can't. Towers are down".

The three of them immediately launch into panic mode, running their eyes back and forth between the police car and the motel room door.

"Fuck", Georgie curses under her breath as the cops make their towards the Motel entrance.

"If I lose my merit scholarship, I'm gonna kill someone", Pope's wide eyes stare at the cops deliberating their next move.

"Maybe they're not going up", Kiara scratches the back of her head chewing on her lip.

"Yeah, maybe they're looking for a room.....", Georgie doesn't even get to finish before the cops start ascending the stairs and the trio swears under their breath.

"They're going up", Pope confirms grabbing the back of his head as the anxiety weighs him down.

Georgie fidgets around the boat, hands shaking in panic.

"Okay, do something", Kiara nudges Pope who, in response, grabs a pebble from the nearest grass stump and aims for the window barely missing it by a few inches.

"Didn't you ever play baseball!", Kiara hisses.

Pope turns to her, the panic slowly and gradually catching up to him.

"I was on the math team!".

When even after a few seconds, there's no sign of either JJ or John B, Kiara starts pacing the boat.

"Should we peel?", she frantically glances at both Pope and Georgie.

Georgie shakes her head taking a deep breath and fixing her gaze on the window.

"You never leave a Pogue behind", she ascertains sparing Kiara's anxiety stricken face a glance.

"No, seriously, should we peel?", this time the question seems to be directed towards Pope.

"Maybe", he mutters eyeing the window.

Suddenly, the window opens and out come — crawl, more like — John B and JJ. They flatten themselves on either sides of the wall and look down at their friends with wide eyes.

Georgie harshly rubs a hand over her face.

"What are you doing?", she whisper yells but they both shake their heads signalling for her to keep quiet.

Sensing the cops moving closer to the window, Pope pulls the boat a little farther away and they sit down on the deck trying to act as inconspicuous as possible.

One of the cops stares out of the window, turning his head from side to side to catch a glimpse of anything 'out of the ordinary'.

All of their breaths get caught in their throats.

When he finally pulls back after not having noticed JJ and John B at all, they all breathe a sigh of relief.

The two boys perched against the wall immediately jump down into the boat and Pope steers the boat away as quickly as possible.

What the fuck was that.

***
i'm literally shitting myself rn because i'm planning to apply for this scholarship at this really incredible school for arts and i haven't told any of my irls ( parents included ) about it coz idk i just feel like they'd discourage me maybe? even tho i might have a chance? but omf if i get that scholarship i will actually actually pass out because it will quite literally SET the course for my ENTIRE future so wish me luck bffs and pray for me pls 😿❤️‍🔥

***i'm literally shitting myself rn because i'm planning to apply for this scholarship at this really incredible school for arts and i haven't told any of my irls ( parents included ) about it coz idk i just feel like they'd discourage me maybe? e...