She tries helplessly to decipher the brunette's expression, to find out what's going through her head.

The slight betrayal that descends upon her is not greeted with surprise but is instead happily accepted, hugged even as she tries to find out just what kind of feelings she harbours towards her childhood friend based on the ten second interaction she just had with someone who Georgie is sure she's meant to end up with.

Eventually, she turns her gaze to the duo quietly chatting and making their way over to the designated motel room.

She watches JJ knock the door and John B stand back allowing him take the lead for a few seconds until he's whipping out the room key and unlocking the door.

Georgie breathes deeply when both John B and JJ disappear into the confines of the room letting the door shut behind them.

"If this blows, I'm killing JJ", Pope remarks.

"You don't have it in you", Kiara replies shrugging.

Pope glances at her offended.

"Yes, I do".

"No, you don't".

"Georgie, don't you think I have it in me to kill JJ?", he turns to the blonde.

She shrugs.

"You're too nice for that, Pope".

He gasps, brows being pulled together in a frown.

"Am not".

"Are so", Kiara narrows her eyes.

Georgie looks away from them turning her attention to the road, she soon finds herself tuning out their conversation.

Her mind runs over the events of the day.

John B flirting, the others taking a dip in the ocean, the motel key, John B flirting again, the Coast Guard failure, Kiara making her insecure, the boys taking off and now this.

The part which she runs over and over is simple — John B flirting with her.

It's strange to her how since the advent of the summer, she's found herself noticing more and more the brunet boy's comments aimed at her.

There's a huge part of her that feels like it means something.

Something more.

And yet, she's scared of getting disappointed.

There's one event in particular that happened an entire year ago that she keeps going back to over and over.

It makes her sad.

It makes her feel worthless.

Yet she still often finds herself thinking about it.

She remembers the day as clear as yesterday.

She'd been cooking breakfast for JJ and herself — Luke had left the house two days ago and not yet returned. Where he had gone and what he was doing, neither of the siblings were aware of — when the knock had come.

She'd run to open the door and what had greeted her was a disheveled John B.

He'd still looked good though.

He always looked good.

He'd begged her to tell where JJ was and when she'd informed him that he was napping on the couch, he'd ever so graciously entered the living room and shook his best friend awake.