Chapter 8-The Wonders of Medicine

Start from the beginning

Remus chuckled as his plan of changing the subject worked perfectly. He didn't even have to resort to sidetracking using every flavour jelly beans.

"So, Sirius, are you trying to say that when you do return to your body, you will be more of an English gentleman and stop being a pervert?" Remus asked hopefully.

"No way, mate." Remus rolled his eyes again. "I'd rather have that flatulence thing than stop being my charming self."

"Hey guys."

The boys looked up and saw Lily standing hesitantly before them, holding a school robe in her hand. Sirius cowered at her presence and swiftly cupped a hand over his crotch area.

"I'm not going to kick you again, Black," Lily mentioned. Sirius sighed with a relief. "But you better keep one eye open when you're sleeping," she warned him, smiling evilly. The startled boy whimpered in response. "Uh, Remus?" she called, looking in turn at the three boys as she waited for a confirmation on which boy was Remus Lupin.

"Yeah, Lily?" Remus answered, raising a hand to signify he was the bookworm on the left.

"Can I talk to you? In private," she emphasized.

Remus' mouth opened in a confounded 'o' shape. "Uh, sure."

He was confused, but nonetheless got to his feet and followed Lily a few feet away from the corner they had been sitting at. Sirius watched suspiciously, whilst Peter tried to eavesdrop in the conversation, trying to disguise himself by looking at the 'fascinating' ceiling.

"Uh, I just wanted to talk about last night," Lily explained, fidgeting nervously with her hair.

"Last...night?" Remus echoed.

"Yeah, at the Astronomy tower." Remus started on blankly. "Can you try and not discuss the conversation we had with anyone, especially you-know-who."

"Astronomy tower?" Remus repeated in bewilderment.

"Yes," Lily frowned at his lack of understanding what the hell she was on about. "I was going to give your robe back," she displayed the clothing in her hand, "but you're already wearing one," she said sceptically, examining Remus wearing his school robe. "I thought you said you only had one?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Remus said, clearly dazed.

"This is your robe, right?" She handed the clothing roughly into Remus' hand. He made another look of confusion and handed the robe back to her.

"Lily, I have no idea what you're talking about." He looked at her worriedly, wondering about her lack of sanity. "And that robe isn't mine."

Lily laughed. "But it has to-" she paused suddenly, then looked down at the school robe in her hand, finally spotting the name label on the inside collar. It read boldly: Property of James Potter.

"No…"

She dropped the robe to the floor and covered her gaping mouth with her hands.

Remus looked at her with slight distraught. "Lily, are you alright?"

"He lied to me," she whispered madly to herself. "He bloody lied to me!"

She roughly pushed past Remus and marched over to where Sirius and Peter sat. Not knowing which one was the real James Potter; she made a random hit and slapped the nearest one in the face.

"I'm Sirius," he murmured in pain, clutching his sore cheek.

"Oh," Lily said disappointedly, "sorry, Black."

She quickly swung and thumped the next James Potter look-a-like.

"I'm Peter," he squeaked, falling to his knees, holding two fingers to his bleeding nose.