on the winding roads . - chap. 002

An eerie silence filled the car as they drove a few miles north , Ranboo anxiously tapping his fingers against the steering wheel , whilst Tubbo looked out of the window . " Are you okay ? " the taller asked , glancing over at his boyfriend in the passenger seat , while the windshield wipers swayed lazily from side to side to clear the rain droplets off to clear Ranboo's vision .

" Yeah , Yeah i'm fine , don't worry , i'm just looking outside . . " He replied with a quiet tone , the temporary silence being too much to handle , it was almost suffocating. " I meant , like , are you sure you're . . . Okay with all this ? " Ranboo specified , keeping his eyes on the road , but most definitely made sure he attentively listened to the smaller brunette . " Totally . It just. It get suffocating there , if ya get what i mean. . it was all too much , yknow ? We couldn't risk them finding out , which they were already close to doing , " He explained , looking down for a moment , then opening the glove box and getting out pack of gummy bears.

" Anywho , Boo , are you okay? " Tubbo questioned in a firm tone , but with a concerned expression , which Ranboo could see in the peripheral of his vision . " Just fine , lovely . I'm just. . This is exciting , yet . . scary , y'know ? " He quietly let out a sigh , now beginning to hum a familiar song to himself , one Tubbo remembered vividly .

" This side of paradise ? " He subtly tilted his head as he let a small smile form across his lips , which earned a joyful nod from Ranboo , " Mmhm , It's such a good song , I know it sounds stupid but . " He let out a giggle , which made Tubbo's heart practically melt . " It's not dumb at all , I agree , it's a very pretty song . " He mumbled softly , resting his head on his own hand as he ate a few gummy bears .

" Do ya think we need to stop at a convenience store to get some things more than gummy bears , love ? " he asked with a calm tone , to which Tubbo nodded , " Yeah definitely , i need some variety ! " the smaller exclaimed with a gentle laugh .

The car pulled into a convenience store parking lot , and parked in a spot , Ranboo unbuckling his seatbelt as he turned the car off , his wallet in his hoodie pocket , he couldn't use his card , everyone would be able to find them like that , so he had to stick to paying in cash , which he luckily remembered to withdraw from the back a few days before , so they should be set for a good few months or so . Tubbo soon did the same , putting the gummy bear bag into the glove box , and getting out aswell . Ranboo then locked it , walking over to the other , and gently grabbing his hand , and holding it in his own as he raised his hood over his head with his free hand .

They walked into the store , mostly looking around at the snacks and drinks that would supply them for a while , Tubbo happily running over and picking out a few honeybuns . " C'monnn , they're so good . " He huffed in a joking manner , which earned a giggle from the smaller males boyfriend , " You're adorable . " He stated softly as he walked over , leaning down to kiss the brunettes cheek before nodding , " Alright , we'll get some , then , how does that sound ? " He tilted his head . " Sounds great !! " He looked up to meet the taller males gaze , and into his eyes. " I can never get over how pretty your eyes are , genuinely . . " Tubbo mumbled , in awe.
" You think so . . ? Well , i'm glad you of all people like them , that . . helps a lot . " He hummed in response , looking around for more items .

After around 10-15 minutes , they'd gotten everything they needed ( things which they couldn't pack , such as more snacks , etc. ) , and headed back out to the car , However , Ranboo's anxiety began to settle in as he sat in the drivers seat , now thinking of more things that could track their location , though he kept it to himself due to the fear of making Tubbo nervous about all this , so he brushed it off , looking in the rear view mirror and pulling out of the parking lot , soon continuing their journey up north , while rain continued to pour down on them .

" Damn , whatever god is up there must be hella pissed off , " Tubbo joked , then looking over to Ranboo , but he wasn't met with a smile or giggle , he was lost in his thoughts , what if they got caught and were forced to go home and weren't able to talk to eachother anymore ? Oh god , the thought alone worried him , and he eventually snapped out of it ,

" Ranboo are you. . — " Before the brunette could ask , The taller quickly nodded , " Yeah i'm fine , sorry , i was just concentrated . " the lie he'd just told made his stomach turn , he felt nauseous , his head was spinning , so he carefully pulled over for a second and leaned back in the seat. " Im— i feel nauseous. Im just , Overthinking , couldn't people track our phones , Track your license plate . . ? " He asked , nervously looking over , To which Tubbo tilted his head , ' ' Yeah but . . we should be alright for now . . " the smaller stated quietly , moving his hand over and gently rubbing his boyfriends back.

" How 'bout we switch for a bit ? Just rest . . It'll help . " Tubbo offered , which Ranboo turned down at first, but eventually gave in , " Okay . . " he stepped out of the car , and so did Tubbo , and they switched sides , getting a blanket from the backseat and handing it to the taller , who curled up in the seat. " Here , cuddle up, take a nap ; and Ranboo obliged , covering himself up with said blanket , while Tubbo connected his own phone , and played one of Ranboo's favourite, yet laid back songs , which the taller male appreciated .

They eventually got back on the road , with Ranboo curled up in the passenger seat , fast asleep , Tubbo had a small smile plastered across his lips , " Sleep well , honey , I love you , I'll wake you when we make it to the hotel. " He whispered to him , even knowing he was asleep , but it helped him feel better .