Chapter 2

I ate the sandwich Hopper had given to me on the drive to wherever his house is.

"I have a daughter," he said. I looked over at him waiting for him to continue. "Her name is Eleven. I hope you two can get along."

"Eleven? Like the number?"

"Yeah, it's a long story. She usually just goes by El."

I nodded in understanding.

Minutes later we pulled up at a cabin in the woods. It seemed sketchy but I decided to see this through. I couldn't help but think maybe something good could come out of this.

I walked into the house following Hopper. It had wood walls lined with a few pictures and other decorations. A fireplace with a couch and a small tv on a stand. The kitchen was rather small but still got the job done, welcoming you in with a small table with four chairs.

"El, you here?" Hopper said loudly into the house, setting down his keys on the kitchen table.

"Hopper?" a girl's voice called from somewhere in the house. A few moments later she stepped out of a room and stopped when she saw me.

"Eleven, this is y/n. He is gonna be staying with us for a while." Hopper explained to her.

She nodded and took a moment to process before stepping closer to me.

"Hi," she said, making eye contact with me.

"Hi, um, it's nice to meet you. I am obviously a little uncomfortable, unsure of what to do and how to act.

"I'll show you to your room," Hopper said, walking past us and down the hall to a room with a bed and a dresser with not much else.

"This is usually the guest room but it'll be yours. Hang up whatever you want just nothing too weird. We'll go shopping to buy you some clothes later today." Hopper said.

You looked around the room before sitting down on the bed to look at him.

"Thank you. Really I don't know how to repay you. This is a lot." I sighed trying to relax into the situation.

"Don't worry about it. The shower is down the hall to the left. Make yourself comfortable."

He left me in the room and I sat taking it in. if it felt different, weird. I thought about how my life was just last week. It wasn't exactly the best but it could have been worse. Now I had a new start. A real new start. I don't have to worry about my old life anymore. I am taking this opportunity to live.

-small time skip-

After a shower, I put on some clothes that the Hopper had given me so I didn't have to wear a bloody dirty shirt anymore. The pants were a bit big as well as the shirt and the flannel was yellow which definitely wasn't my color but I had nothing else so I took it with gratitude.

I walked into the living room where Hopper and Eleven were sitting and presumably talked about me because when I walked in they both went silent and looked at me.

"Hi," I said nervously.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Hopper asked. I nodded at him and gave him a weak grin. I wasn't exactly sure how to be okay at the moment but I could try to pretend.

"Hopper said that you were going to go shopping for clothes. Is it alright if I come along, I don't have anything else to do?" Eleven Asked in her slow monotone voice that I was starting to get used to.

"Yeah of course," I said. She gave me a smile and then we were out of the house ready to start our adventure.

We found ourselves driving down the street where the man with the long hair and punk outfit was walking into the record store. I made a mental note that I would want to go into that store eventually to see what kind of records they had. We pulled up to the street mall where there were a few clothing stores.

"Take your pick, kid," Hopper said. I walked into the one with the least colorful clothes in the windows and the other two followed.

I walked down the aisles, clothing rack after clothing rack. I found some things that I might wear but nothing that screamed at me yet.

"What are you looking for?" El asked me to come up behind me and look at the rack in front of us.

"I don't know. Something, deep, like kinda punk, rock and roll type stuff-"

"Bitchin" she interrupted me.

"Yeah bitchin'," I said smiling. She smiled back at me and reached into the rack in front of us pulling out a pair of black jeans.

"You can put holes in them," she suggested. "Or put a patch on it."

I took the pants on the hanger from her grasp and looked at them. They were a slightly more feminine cut and would be a little tight but I liked it.

"Hell yeah, pretty bitchin," I said quietly under my breath. I liked that. Eleven just gave me another smile.