In Love With An Alien - Confrontations

Start from the beginning

“Come on.” He laughed.

David Hannigan wasn’t hard to find, he lived on a ranch called RedHawk, a peculiar mane if you ask me.

“What are we going to say to him?” I asked Xavier. “Will he even believe us?” I asked quickly before Xavier could answer my first question.

“Let me do the talking.” Xavier said.

By 9 am we were in front of David Hannigan’s door, his maid let us in and asked to wait while she went to find him.

“How can I help you ladies and gents.” David Hannigan greeted when he saw us, he couldn’t be more than 27, I judged as I stared at him, he also had a friendly and kind face, so hopefully he would believe us.

“We’re form the future.” I blurted out without meaning to. All around the room I heard shocked gasps, most of them were from David’s maids who were lingering about.

“We?” Xavier questioned.

“Oh right….he’s from the future I’m not.” I corrected myself quickly.

“Ok…what do….what can I help you with.” David asked uncertainly, I could already tell that he thought we were insane.

“Let me do the talking….”Xavier scolded me stepping forward, “Mr. Hannigan have you heard of Pinerose….” For the next three hours Xavier did his best to prove to David Hannigan we weren’t crazy, after we showed him the documents of his work on the virus he started to believe us.

“This is amazing…..I mean the future! Unbelievable.” He said in stunned voice.

“Can you help us?” I spoke for the first time after Xavier had asked me to shush.

“Of course I can, I just need to calculate a few things here and there, in four or five hours I will have the cure ready.” He beamed at us.

I smiled back, finally a break!!! We weren’t doomed after all. “I’m gonna call rogue and tell him the good news.” I said.

Rogue’s POV

Three hours to doomsday.

All around him, men, women and innocent children wore colours of their favorite teams, none of them knew what was about to happen or they wouldn’t be laughing and running about happily. The ideal thing would have been to call of the match but then Pinerose might choose another location to release the virus and they wouldn’t know the location this time.

“How are we going to do this…..” one of Steven’s men standing beside rogue asked. “There are thousands of people here, how are we going to find one man in this crowd.”

“Look out for a middle age man in dark clothes carrying a silver suitcase.” Rogue replied.

“How do you know this?” He asked.

“I’m from the future remember……besides witness accounts says a man I just described opened a suitcase and shot something into the air and after that people started feeling feverish so that must be him.” rogue explained.

“Good news rogue.” Steven said appearing out of thin air

“Reese and Xavier found David Hannigan, they bring back a sample of the antidote in four or five hours…..what’s wrong.” Steven asked when he realized rogue wasn’t listening.

“I just saw George.’ Rogue replied making his way through the crowd.

“Who’s George?” Steven called after him.

“He’s with violet and if he’s here then he must know where the black angel is.” Rogue said in an excited tone.

Steven turned to the armed men behind him, “Get ready to take him down once rogue points him out.” Steven ordered. They nodded in understanding.

This was so easy!! Of course it helped that he had fore-knowledge about the whole thing, if he hadn’t traveled back to the past these people wouldn’t stand a chance against Pinerose’s attack. They followed and shadowed George for twenty minutes; he took a last turn and entered a building. Stealthy, they stormed into the room and found six armed men.

“Drop your guns right this instant.” Steven shouted. Three of nodded but the other three refused and Steven shot them without trying to persuade them to drop their guns any further. Rogue was glad he had Steven on his side because the man had no respect for life.

At the extreme end of the room rogue noticed a thin man, holding a silver suitcase looking petrified. “That’s him.” rogue pointed.

The unknown man squealed and started to shake his head without knowing what he was being accused off. Steven grabbed his fragile body and punched him the stomach several times. Choking on his own blood, the man begged for mercy.

“p-please d-don’t…I-I h-have information.” He stuttered. “I k-know w-where the r-rest of t-them a-are.” He pleaded.

“Take us to them then unless you want me to break your neck into seven painful pieces” Steven said shaking the poor man roughly, rogue didn’t feel the least bit sorry for him, if they hadn’t stopped them he would have killed thousands of people.

Reese’s POV

It had been four hours since David Hannigan disappeared into his lab accompanied by two of Steven’s men; I was getting rather anxious that we hadn’t heard anything from him, so I decided to go and check on him.

“I’ll come with you.” Xavier offered but I shook my head.

“It’s just over there in that room, besides I just want to see what he has done so far.” I explained and made my way across the room. When I first opened the door which was supposed to be the lab, I found a luxurious study instead, with books titles that I couldn’t pronounce. Sighing I started looking around for any signs of lab.

Crack, a small noise came from behind me, I turned around to see what it was and found violet behind me grinning like a maniac, before I could react, she punched me in the face and I collapsed on the ground groaning in pain.

“Hey Reese, Whiles you’re lying there, you should know that your precious David Hannigan is dead and I destroyed all the cures he made so you’re screwed.” She laughed maniacally.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I managed to say as my face till stung form the blow I had received.

She reached for my arm and I felt something sharp poking me, I looked to see what it was and saw her injecting me with something. Startled, I kicked her in the knee and she buckled unto the ground, I then looked at the spot where she had injected me.

“What the hell was that?” I spat at her dangerously.

“That would be the flu virus….happy death.” She laughed, I leaned forward towards her ready to rip her throat out but she pointed a gun at me. “I don’t want you to have a quick death but a slow one Reese.” She said backing out of the room slowly with the gun still trained to my head.

After she left I sneezed again and again. “Oh god I was infected.”

                                           To be continued

Sorry for the long wait, school is crazy at the moment; I’ll try and upload the next part soon.