"It's not that. I'm just so happy," I admitted with a teary laugh. "Thank you Dottore. For everything."

"Now hang on, why does it sound like you're saying goodbye," he said anxiously, pulling back to see my face. "You're not dying are you?"

"Oh I'm not going anywhere," I said with a laugh. "This bed is much too big for just you alone, don't you think?"

The anxiety on his face washed away and was replaced with a happy laugh. I loved it when he laughed. Especially when he was wasn't wearing a mask because his whole face was basking in a bewitching joy.

"Oh darling, you can stay for as long as you like," he whispered against my lips.

He leaned in to kiss me but I placed a hand over his lips. "First, explain how I miraculously got out of the dress and into your shirt."

It had only just occurred to me that I wore absolutely nothing but my underwear underneath the large shirt.

"Ah... Well, it was that or leave you in a blood stained dress with a trendy rip right through the middle of it. Besides, I like you in my clothes the most," explained Dottore with a heated gaze as his eyes looked me up and down.

My eyes widened and my cheeks burned with embarrassment. I hid my face in his neck as he chuckled and ran a gentle hand over my hair.

"As much as I'd like to keep you in my arms, you need rest Y/N. Lots of it. I stitched up the wound but a healer is coming later to try and fix the internal tissue properly," he explained quietly.

"Are you going to stay?"

"I can't, darling. Lots of stuff happened over the past two days. The Harbingers have been called for a meeting today with the Tsaritsa to discuss the security breach," said Dottore as twirled a piece of my hair around his finger.

I gasped, having completely forgotten the enormity of the situation. "Was anyone hurt?"

"Apart from you? No. Personally I think that's unfair; I have a half a mind to go hurt a lot of people because of this," he said angrily.

Ah, there's the Dottore I knew so well. I was glad he was still very much himself.

"I'll be back later, alright? The healer should arrive in the afternoon and if they're late, you tell me so I can request for them to come to the graveyard instead," said Dottore with a determined nod.

I chuckled and agreed. He grabbed my chin and pulled me in for a deep kiss and when he pulled away he couldn't help but lean back in again for a final peck. He didn't seem to want to leave and he certainly wasn't dressed to go anywhere.

"Dottore. Go. I'll be right here when you get back," I said firmly.

Dottore sighed before reluctantly laying me back down and walking over to his wardrobe. I am not even half ashamed to say that I watched him get out of his clothes with strong curiosity. The way his back muscles tensed and shifted as he pulled on a fresh shirt had me blushing way too hard. Don't even get me started on his chest and arms.

He glanced over his shoulder as he pulled his white suit jacket on and I quickly pretended to cover my eyes.

"I wasn't looking, I swear," I laughed.

"Oh, it's nothing you won't be seeing in the near future," he flirted.

My jaw dropped. Was he always like this? I really wish I'd acknowledged my feelings for him much earlier because this? This is heaven.

But wait a second...

"Uh Dottore? So I've been asleep for two days now, right? That means people know I'm in here," I said.