"Hey." Lily replied giving the f1 driver a kiss on the cheek before sitting down on the bed by the back wall. "Ready for quali?"

"Always." Chase told her.

"You sound confident." The girl spoke with a smile.

"I am. I love this track. Have since F2." The Audi driver said and Lily nodded in reply.

"Well I just came to say good luck. Better let you get ready and head over to the garage." Lily explained as she stood up and placed a quick on Chase's cheek.

"Thanks. Give the rookie my well wishes." Chase replied with a smile.

"You're so mean." Lily told him before opening the door and leaving.

"I'm just being nice." Chase called after the Bennett girl causing her to laugh and roll her eyes as she headed for the garage entrance to her father's team where she said she would meet Nicole and Lorenzo.

—————

"Oh my god." Lily exclaimed along with half of the Bennett garage as they all watched the TV screens.

Jack had just gone purple in the first two sectors and was on course for another in the last sector. Everyone watched as he went through the last chicane before picking up speed around turn 16 and foot to the floor over the start finish line.

The initials HAR went straight to the top of the timing screen as the garage erupted into cheers. Very few drivers were still on push laps meaning things were looking good.

Chase was one of the drivers who was left to finish his lap and Lily knew right well that he wasn't gonna let Jack beat him.

David had crossed the line and finished in P4 while everyone watched to see if Chase was going to put Jack off the top spot.

"Shit." Lily muttered as she watched a notice come across the top of the screen just as Chase crossed the line only finishing in P2.

Jack just had his lap time deleted for track limits and was demoted down to P10 which was 2 places below where he was before he started his last flying lap.

This also meant Chase was promoted to pole position which was unfortunate for the British rookie and David would start the race from P3 tomorrow.

"Ah so close." Nicole spoke as the camera cut to Jack who was pulling into the pit-lane but not where he expected to be pulling up.

"Well that was unfortunate." Lorenzo nodded in agreement.

"Poor Jack." Lily commented, feeling pain for the British driver who was so close to his first pole position in his first few races.

"At least Chase did well." Nicole reminded her best friend but the Bennett girl still couldn't help but feel disheartened for Jack.

"Yeh." Lily agreed as she stood up and found herself heading down the pit lane.

—————

Lily stood outside the press conference building waiting to congratulate Chase after missing him in the pit-lane after qualifying before he was ushered off to the paddock for interviews.

The Bennett girl was tapping her foot against the floor as she leant against the building opposite the one where the press conference was.

As she looked around the busy paddock as teams ran around trying to make sure everything was ready tomorrow, the FIA were making sure regulations were being followed and drivers coming from their media duties.

The sound of the door opening across the paddock caught Lily's attention as she turned hoping to see Chase but instead seeing Jack.

Something inside her told her it was the right thing to do to congratulate the Brit on his amazing drive today and tell him how unlucky he was.

So that's what she did.

"Hey Jack." Lily called out as she walked after the young Bennett driver.

"Hi. Lily, right?" Jack said as she turned around after hearing his name called out.

"Yeh, that's me. I just wanna say hard luck today. You were close, it'll come." Lily assured him.

"Thanks." Jack nodded in reply.

"Wanna walk back to the motorhome together?" Lily wondered causing Jack to be confused but he agreed none the less, hoping he'd find out what her role was in the team.

"You work here?" Jack asked as they approached the Bennett motorhome.

"No. I don't." Lily shook her head in reply.

"Oh okay." Jack replied still confused as to why she would be here then.

"I'm-." Lily started talking before she was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

"Hey Lil. I was just looking for you." John Bennett spoke as he came outside.

"Hey dad." Lily smiled in reply.

"Dad?" Jack asked in surprise as he looked between the father and daughter and only now did he see the resemblance between the pair for the first time.

—————