The day passes quickly as you settle into your new life

Your grandma would occasionally pop in to offer you pieces of sliced fruit which you gratefully accepted. By the time you finish unpacking the sun had already set and your body ached, begging you to rest. You gave in and plopped onto your new bed.

It didn't take long for you to unpack since you didn't have many items, but organizing everything was a tedious task that quickly became tiring. Slowly your room was beginning to feel like home. You were sure the feeling would only grow with the new memories you'd make.

Right! You quickly sat up in your bed. I should start by getting to know my grandma more!

Upon exiting your room you found your grandma sitting on the couch alone while watching a show. A sense of pity befell you at the sight, how many years had she sat on that couch alone?

Shaking that sad thought you stepped forward and sat next to her. Your grandma turned to look at you and smiled, "How're feeling sweetie?"

Your heart swelled at the sweet nickname. "I'm doing alright, what show are you watching?"

"Ah, I have no idea what it's called since it's in another language, but right now the main girl just took a job to take care of some boss to help her aunt with money. The guy she's taking care of is so rude! If I were her, I would've thrown him off his wheelchair and left to find a new job!"

You held back a laugh. Despite her joking nature you had a feeling she wasn't lying— she didn't seem like the type to put up with someone's nasty attitude.

"Do you want some coffee? We can drink some together as we watch the show." Your grandma offered.

You nodded happily. The late night cold air was beginning to seep through the windows and a warm cup of coffee would be a great way to warm yourself up.

Your grandma rummaged around the kitchen before coming out with two warm cups of coffee. She placed them on the small table in front of the TV and went back to the kitchen to bring back something to snack on. "Ah, we're out of coffee cake.. could you run down to the bakery and grab some?"

A chance to explore the neighborhood! "Sure!" You answered and walked over to the door, quickly slipping on your shoes.

Your grandma walked outside with you and slipped a fluffy sweater over your shoulders. "The bakery is just about three blocks down that way, then you take a left and walk straight. There's a sign outside, you can't miss it." She pointed down the street.

You nodded and walked in the direction she pointed in. You decided to walk slowly to familiarize yourself with the neighborhood. The lights in most of the houses were turned off since it was late, but the street lamps lit the way to your destination.

The walk was mostly silent, except for the occasional meow from a stray cat. Several of them had walked up to you begging for pets. It seemed like the cats welcomed you to the neighborhood.

The breeze nipped at your cheeks and nose making them feel numb. Your grandma was right to lend you a sweater, it was a cold night.

Your grandma was also right about easily finding the shop. Outside was a colorful sign promoting their special of the day, cinnamon rolls. Mm.. sounds tempting you thought. The soft chime of a bell was heard once you opened the door, complimenting the sweet smell of baked goods. It was warm and welcoming, along with the cashier's smile.

"Hello," He bowed, "welcome to Cake Shop Iori. Our special for today is cinnamon rolls, would you be interested in any?"

Walking up to the counter you quickly glanced at the menu behind him before making your choice. "Hello, and yes! I'll have a cinnamon roll with two slices of coffee cake to go please."

He nodded before pulling out two bags from behind the counter and picking out the baked goods. You took this moment to admire him. His long black hair was pulled back in a half ponytail, revealing several of his piercings. His eyes were a vibrant blue and his bottom lashes were long, you'd be lying if you said you weren't jealous. This guy was on a whole another level of beautiful, but you couldn't shake the feeling that you knew him from somewhere.

"Um, your order is ready.."

Crap! Your face flushed in embarrassment as you realized he caught you staring. How long was I staring for? This is so awkward! You quickly pulled out your wallet to pay.

"Sorry for staring, I've just.. never seen someone with so many piercings." You apologized, coming up with an excuse in an attempt to save your dignity.

He chuckled, "It's alright, I get that a lot when I go out."

You hand him the money and he accepts it. You watch as he pushes some buttons on the register and begins pulling out your change. "This might sound like a stupid question, but.. did it hurt?" You asked.

He paused for a moment before looking up at you confused. "I'm sorry?"

You quickly point to his ears. "Your piercings! I mean obviously I know it hurt, but did it hurt like really really bad?"

He smiled and shook his head handing you for change. "Like you said, they did hurt a bit. The higher I went up on my eat the more it hurt."

"Ohh, well they definitely suit you!" You smile and slip the change into your pocket, grabbing the two bags containing your food.

You wave at him goodbye and exit the store, not noticing the rosy tint on his cheeks. On your way back home you try and think if there was any possible way you've seen that cashier somewhere else before, only to come up with nothing. Your mind wanders back to his blue eyes and suddenly a memory hidden deep within the back of your mind resurfaces.

A lonely boy standing in the back of the class all alone.

You wonder what happened to him after you left.