_

i checked the time, it was 12:19, the nurses helped me out of bed and onto a wheelchair, which i found unnecessary, to take me out the door to sadie's car.
sadie, millie and noah helped me inside the passenger seat, making sure it didn't hurt every time i moved, which started to get annoying after a while.
the nurses said goodbye to me before noah and millie sat in the backseat as sadie drove me 20 minutes home.
i was wearing the clothes noah brought, his scarsdale basketball hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. his sweatshirt smelled just like him, which made me feel really comfortable and just genuinely in a happier mood.
i was surprisingly cheerful with everything going on, i couldve died, the person that did it is still out there, people at school think i'm a monster, my family issues are worse then ever right now. maybe it's just shock, or the fact that noah has been here with me this entire time.
i always wondered what he saw in me.
why me?

once we got home, my parents was there, sitting on the couch, watching saturday night live. that was my favorite show.
my brother wasn't there, i just assumed he was at work or something.
i held onto noah and millie's arm slightly as i walked, walking almost completely fine.
-"im home??" i called, pulling their attention away from the television.
-"why didn't you call?" my mother marked.
-"i did. 4 times." i replied with a tone.

{NOAHS POV}

i observed my surroundings and something on the coffee table in front of the television caught my eye.
empty glass bottles, weed, and small bags of a substance that looked like coke to me.
-"make yourself at home." her father said, slurring his words, clearly drunk.
-"are you seriously drunk? i thought you said things were going to be different?!" she yelled, before millie started tugging her.
-"let's just go upstairs." she whispered to her as sadie followed us upstairs and to her room.
y/n slowly let go of our arms and sat down at the end of her bed, looking overwhelmed in stress.
-"y/n, please don't get mad at me when i say you can not stay in this household anymore." sadie sighed.
-"what??"
-"remember what it was like living here before they left? what they'd do and say to you.. what if it happens again?" millie asked, confusing me.
-"we need to tell the police!" sadie suggested.

what did they used to do?

y/n saw the concerning look on my face, looking like she wanted to scream before she shushed them both. i could tell she didn't want me to know.
-"it won't! leave it alone, don't do anything! don't say anything! you know how itll end! they can cover their tracks well, you know that. no cops, do you understand?" she asked the girls, getting snappy.
they both nodded, looking shamelessly at their feet.
-"good, because when i'm off to college it'll all be over." she sighed, looking at me.
i had a look of concern splattered on my face.
that's such bullshit.
i don't care what she wants.
i have to tell someone.
but not until i know the entire story.
i need more proof of child negligence.
she can stay with me if they get arrested.
my parents surely wouldn't mind.
no matter how much they dislike me, they're good human beings.
at least that's what i like to think.
she could stay in my nice basement.
it has an entire tv room and a nice bedroom and bathroom.
it can be like her new home.

_

later that night, i needed to start investigating everything.
i got her parents names from millie and sadie, thankfully when i asked they didn't suspect anything of me.
i opened my laptop, sitting at my desk, typing in their names through google.

i first looked up her mother, vivian l/n.
at first, nothing popped up.
it was just a bunch of random people.
it took a long time of me scrolling before i looked up her name and scarsdale, which almost immediately an article showed up.
it was an arrest long.
i hesitated to click on it, but ended up doing so anyways.
the first thing i saw was a headshot, in the corner of the photo, the year was 2002.
i scrolled down, seeing her name again.

"vivian A. l/n, was arrested at 291 east base street, at 11:19 pm, on sunday, may 5th, 2002. obtaining of controlled substances, disorderly conduct, and resisting law enforcement."
holy shit, that was just just 2 years before y/n was born.
i decided to move onto her father, which was 10x worse than her moms.

"bryan L. l/n was arrested at 45012 elwood blvd, at 2:09 pm, on wednesday, november 8th, 2011. obtaining of controlled substances, negligence of a child, battery with no/minor injury."

i started to regret snooping and stalking like this, what would y/n think?
but this proves something.
it proves that they have history of this kind of thing.
but wait, if they had history of child negligence and drug abuse, why would the police not take her word?
i'm going to get real proof.
proof that shes being neglected.
she deserves a better life then what she's been giving.