𝟖 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐟 𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Come on!" JJ yells and quickly jumps into the drivers seat, starting the car.

We pile into the car with our eyes glued on the fence, waiting for John B to jump over it. JJ begins to drive off in panic before we eventually see John B sprinting toward the car. We all scream 'come on!' until he finally jumps inside the Twinkie and slides the door shut behind him.

"Are you okay? Are you shot?" JJ frantically asks John B.

He shakes his head 'no' and tries to catch his breath like the rest of us. He's covered from head to toe in mud.

"I think I'd know if I was shot, right?" Kie worriedly looks down at her clothes.

"What the hell just happened?" Sarah asks, gasping for air.

"All-time Pogue Hall of Fame, baby." JJ says with a proud smile.

"That bitch was possessed." Kie says.

"That bitch can't aim." Sarah adds.

I laugh until I look at what's in John B's hand. "No way!" I scream. "Is that what I think it is?"

"We did it, baby!" John B yells with a bar of gold in his hand.

We all start to scream and shout 'Full Kook' at the top of our lungs as we make our way back to the Chateau to crash for the night.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

The next morning is spent making plans for how to get the rest of the gold. Pope uses John B's memory to draw out a diagram on paper with a map of the well. JJ and Kie melt the wheat symbol off of the gold while Sarah and I sit on the hammock to watch. Earlier, I changed into some clothes I already had lying around here. Low-rise baggy jeans, a green bandeau thing like yesterday, and a light green short-sleeved knit cardigan.

While sitting with Sarah, I eventually decide to pull out my phone and text Rafe.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

wreck-it-rafe🥳

hi rafe

hi baby

are u good

yes

just making sure ur good

i'm good now

what are u doing today

just running around w my friends

what are u doing

i'm going to pelican with kelce and top

like the yacht club by guffy's

okay

have funnn

i will

i'll call u later tonight

mkay

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Sarah must notice me smiling at my phone, because she starts to giggle. "Sooo... how are you guys doing?" She sits up and folds her hands in her lap, like she's ready to listen to everything I have to say.