𝟖 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐟 𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

Start from the beginning

Kie opens the circuit box only to find a cord leading inside the house. "Shit."

Sarah and I look at each other and then at Kie. She opens the back door of the house as quietly as possible, and we tip-toe inside behind her.

After some walking around, I find the breaker with my flashlight and signal the girls over to me. I notice that I've been holding my breath for the entire thirty seconds we've been in here.

Kie hesitantly flips the switch, and thankfully, we see the lights outside shut off. However, an old grandfather clock chimes, making us press our backs against the dining room wall, ready to hide from whatever could be in this house. We exchange many terrified glances until we hear loud footsteps coming from the stairwell.

"It's... it's late, Leon." an old voice says. "Too late."

Mrs. Crain.

She walks directly in front of us, but doesn't notice that we're here. I look over to see Kiara covering her mouth with her hand in fear.

"I can hear you, Leon." Mrs. Crain continues. "I've been waiting all night!" she shouts, suddenly turning and lunging for us.

We all immediately scream and run away as fast as we can. Sarah splits off down another hall, while Kie and I find the only other exit to be boarded up with wooden planks.

"Shit!" she says.

Mrs. Crain begins to walk toward us with a fire poker in her hand and tries to wack us with it. Sarah runs around the corner, shoves Mrs. Crain, and pulls us toward herself.

"Come on, this way!" Sarah yells.

"Okay!" I shout back.

We run into a room and Sarah shuts the door behind us. We all press our hands against the door so that it doesn't open. Without warning, the fire poker sticks through the wooden door, barely missing us. We squeal as Mrs. Crain pulls it back out and continues to try and break the door down with it.

"Shit!" Sarah yells as she quickly leads the way toward a stairwell. "This way! It goes underneath the house!"

Kie and I stay close behind her as we all sprint down the stairs and eventually make it to where the boys are.

"Guys, guys, guys!" I scream.

"Woah, woah! What's going on?" Pope asks.

"Mrs. Crain! She's up there!" Sarah says.

"She tried to kill us with a fire poker." Kie says, out of breath.

"We locked her in the parlor, but we gotta go!" Sarah yells.

"Okay, that's code red, that's code red!" JJ shouts and begins to try and reel John B back up.

"Hold on, man! I'm coming!" John B yells faintly.

"Where the hell is he?" Pope questions.

We all go to the edge of the well and peer down. John B screams something, but it's inaudible.

"Yo, he's drowning!" Sarah shouts, looking to us. "We gotta pull him up!"

We rush to quickly get John B up when Mrs. Crain suddenly enters the basement and fires her gun at us. I instinctively run to the side and lay on the floor, to which everyone follows.

"She can't aim for shit." Kie whispers after a moment of watching.

"She can't see." Sarah looks at Mrs. Crain's eyes. "She's blind."

After another gunshot, me, Kie, and Sarah stand up and sprint for the Twinkie. I can hear Pope and JJ follow us whenever a third gunshot is fired.

"Get into the car!" I shout.