𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

Start from the beginning

and when she had gotten out, steve was right by her side. they had told him that she would be asleep for awhile but the surgery was a success. all they had to do now was wait. and that's what he did. he waited for two days in that hospital room, not even going home to change. the boys would come by and bring him food and check up on arlo. will wasn't there because he was still in his own hospital room. but that's where steve was at this exact moment, his head laid next to arlo's body while his hand held onto her's. he was trying to get some kind of sleep, but because of how worried he was, he couldn't. how did arlo live like this?

steve suddenly felt a small squeeze at his hand, making his head shoot up. he looked at arlo's hand for a few seconds to make sure he wasn't imagining this. but when arlo squeezed his hand again, this time tighter, a small smile appeared on his lips. he looked up at arlo's face, seeing that she was looking at him with her usual tired eyes.

"hey there, lo." steve greeted as he got up from his seat, his smile growing as tears came to his eyes.

"why am i in a hospital?" arlo questioned, looking around the room.

"uh, you were attacked. needed surgery done. but that's not important. what's important is that you're awake now." steve quickly dismissed, waving his hand around.

"what happened to your face? who beat you up?" arlo then quizzed, noticing the cuts and bruises on her older brother's face.

"uh. . . jonathan beat me up."

arlo's eyebrows shot up her forehead at those words, a smile appearing at her lips. "jonathan byers? did - did you deserve it?"

"yeah, actually. i did. i should've just left it like you said." steve nodded.

"you'll learn to listen to your little sister one day." arlo joked.

"whatever." the oldest harrington mumbled. "they found will. he's awake. been awake for awhile now. when you're able to move around, we'll take you over there, okay?"

"okay." arlo nodded.

steve stared at her, feeling this immense amount of relief fill his bones. "i thought i lost you, lo. i really thought - i really thought that you were gone."

"takes a lot more than that to kill me." the dark skinned girl said, looking up at her brother with teasing eyes.

steve let out a dry chuckle, bringing his hand up to wipe the tears that had managed to fall out. "so, uh, what's this about you having these. . . shadow powers?"

"oh, yeah!" arlo exclaimed, getting excited. "okay, so let me explain. . ."

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

❝𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆. 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 angry." mike started, making arlo look up from the comic book she was reading. she was sat on the couch, a bunch of blankets around her. "hungry for your blood. it is almost here." arlo made an impressed face at how mike described it, gently placing the comic down on her legs.

"what is it?" will questioned, making arlo smile. the boy had gotten a lot better over the course of a month, besides the nightmares and the pts. she was glad that he was back on his feet.

"it's the thessalhydra, i'm telling you." dustin answered, making arlo roll her eyes.

"it's not the thessalhydra." lucas reassured.

"i'm telling you, it's the thessalhydra." dustin repeated.

mike slammed a small figurine onto the table before he pulled his hand back to reveal what it was. "the thessalhydra!" he yelled, making arlo snort from her seat.