𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐬

Start from the beginning

"whenever she uses her powers, she gets weak." mike started.

"the more energy she uses, the more tired she gets. same thing goes for arlo." dustin continued, gesturing to the harrington girl next to him.

"like, eleven, she flipped the van earlier." lucas added.

"it was awesome." arlo chimed in.

"but she's drained." mike quickly said.

"like a bad battery." dustin compared.

"well. . . h - how do we make her better?" joyce questioned. if the party wanted to find will, arlo could only imagine how much joyce and jonathan wanted to find him.

"we don't. we just have to wait and try again." mike answered.

"well, how long?" nancy asked.

"i don't know."

"arlo, honey." joyce started, making the girl in question look at her with raised eyebrows. "is - is there any way that you can try to - to find them?"

arlo felt her heart clench at the look on joyce's face. she wanted her boy back, she needed him back. the younger girl looked away from joyce, swallowing the rock that had formed in her throat. "i - i don't know how to control them. they just. . . they just kinda happen when i need them to. like at the quarry. i didn't make it happen, it just did."

"and, she's exhausted. between not sleeping for days and using her powers earlier, there's no way that she'd be able to it now." mike quickly jumped in, looking at arlo closely. the bags under her eyes had gotten worse over the last few days.

"the bath." a soft voice appeared, making everyone turn towards the hall to see eleven standing there.

"what?" joyce asked.

"i can find them. in the bath." eleven elaborated, everyone finally realizing what she was talking about. the telekinetic girl let her eyes shift over to arlo, who was staring back in worry.

◂ ❀ ✘ ❀ ▸

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎 mr.clarke to ask how to build this big stupid bathtub they needed, and making a list on the things that they had to get, everyone was on their way to the school. joyce had brought the kiddie pool that the party used to bop for apples in when they were younger so that the water and salt could go in there. they needed 1,500 pounds of salt and apparently, hawkins middle school had a lot of it. well, a lot of salt that was used for when it snowed. once they got to the gym, arlo, lucas, and dustin was put in charge to set the kiddie pool up, which was a lot harder than they thought. hopper and jonathan went to go get the many bags of salt that they would need. nancy and mike went to get a long hose so that it would be able to get to the gym. joyce and eleven was in the science lab, getting eleven ready for what was about to happen.

once everything was set up and mike had placed his supercomm on a cart that they had taken from the science lab, it was time for the magic to happen. eleven took her socks off before she took mike's watch off, handing it to the wheeler boy. joyce then gave her the goggles that she put duct tape on so that it would be dark for eleven. the buzzcut girl placed the goggles over her eyes. hopper and joyce helped her into the kiddie pool before they let her go, eleven slowly laying down by herself. arlo could only imagine how cold the water was. as soon as she laid down the lights in the gym flickered, making everyone look up at them. they flickered for a few more seconds before they went off completely. it was complete silence for about a minute, everyone watching eleven in anticipation. arlo was on her knees, her fingers anxiously tapping along the gym floor.