"I'm not, I just wanna talk to him,"

"Said every cop ever," Will chuckled, looking up the room number. "332"

Jay nodded and thanked his brother and sister-in-law before heading up to the third floor and into the teenage boy's room.

Keith was awake and on his phone, texting Jay's daughter but set the phone down as Jay arrived in the room.

"Keith?" Jay asked, Keith nodded. "You've been dating Kamryn?"

"Yes sir,"

"She told us what happened. That you pushed her out of the way. I wanted to come thank you," Jay told him, shaking the teen's hand.

"I'd rather me be stuck here than her," Keith admitted.

"We appreciate that. We'd be beside ourselves without her. That being said if you hurt her. We'll have words,"

"I don't plan on it Mr. Halstead," Keith nodded in understanding.

"I'm sure she'll come by to see you later," Jay smiled, heading out soon after.

Keith smiled, starting a new text to his girlfriend as Jay left.

——————

Keith: Your dad just showed up. Thanked me.

Kamryn: I'm so sorry about him. Part of the reason I wasn't excited to tell him.

Keith: it's fine Kam. We'll be fine. I'm glad it's out in the open.

Kamryn: I am a little too. Relieved. I have to go start work. I'll see you later?

Keith: you know where to find me. Hope you have a good shift ❤️

——————

Kamryn smiled and then decided to text her mom and dad in a group message.

——————

Kamryn: YOU WENT TO SEE KEITH?! DAD WHY?!

Mama🚔💕: Jay you didn't.

Daddy❤️🚔: I did. In fact, he seems like a good kid.

Kamryn: BUT. WHY.

Daddy❤️🚔: Kam, I was thanking him for saving my daughter.

Kamryn: that's definitely not all you said!

Daddy❤️🚔: Isn't your shift starting?🫣😂

Kamryn: This isn't over!!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

——————

With that, Kamryn went off to her shift, thinking of what her dad could've possibly said to embarrass her.

——————

After her shift, she headed to Med with a white to-go cup of Ice cream in hand.

"I come with ice cream," she chuckled, handing over the to-go cup, after stealing a bite.

"Hey," Keith jokingly pouted.

"Oh, hush. I made it," Kamryn laughed, kissing her boyfriend before letting go of the cup. "Sorry my dad came here,"

"It was really nothing Kam. All he said besides thanking me was if I broke your heart, the 2 of us would have words," Keith chuckled, taking a bite of his treat.

"That is not how I pictured you meeting my father," she sighed, leaning back in the chair.

"Is this really how either of us thought it was gonna go?" He smiled, looking over at his girlfriend.

"Guess not," she shrugged, checking the time. "I should get home and shower before mom and dad get there,"

"You'll come back tomorrow?" he asked, looking over at her.

"Of course," she answered, giving him a sweet kiss before getting her bag. "I'll see you tomorrow," she stated as she squeezed his hand.

"See you tomorrow," Keith echoed, leaning back in the bed.

——————

Kamryn went home to the empty house, showered, and ended up dozing off on the couch.

Jay and Hailey got home around 9, immediately finding their teenage daughter sound asleep as a movie was playing in the background.

"Hey, K, wake up," Jay whispered, almost getting a backhanded slap. "Woah kiddo, just me,"

"Sorry," she sighed, sitting up and rubbing her eyes, "I'm just gonna go to bed. Love you guys," Kamryn yawned before heading up the steps to her room.

"Love you too Kam," Hailey called after her before giving Jay a questioning look.

"Mom's intuition?"

"Uh huh," Hailey clicked her tongue before heading up the steps to see what was bothering their daughter.