I'll Be Back

Way back in 1690 a handsome little boy named ludwig, who was born and raised in the Holy Roman Empire until the age of 8, moved to Italy and met a happy little Italian boy named Feliciano. When Ludwig first met the Italian he believed him to be a girl due to the dress like clothing he often wore. Ludwig found out the truth about his gender when Feliciano's 2 years older brother, Lovino, flipped up his younger brother's skirt in order to try and keep the foreign boy away from his little brother. Ludwig spent most of his time with Feliciano by a tree halfway between their houses, playing games and even taking naps against the tree's trunk. After only a year of meeting the Italian, Ludwig was forced to leave his precious Feliciano for the American colony of Massachusetts.

Before he had to leave, Ludwig snuck away to the the tree and said his goodbyes to Feliciano. "When I grow up I promise I'll back to you" Ludwig promised, tears pouring from his eyes. He stole a kiss from the Italian who in return gave the other a broom stick. Feeling as though nothing else needed to be said, Ludwig left quickly holding the broom stick as close to him as possible.

During his time in America Ludwig met two little boys who he quickly became close friends with. One was named Arthur and he had a thick british accent due to living in England up until last year; the other was named Alfred who was born and raised in the American colonies. Their friendship however, was ended as quickly as it had begun when the Salem witch trials started. For some reason, The villagers heavily believed that Arthur was practicing magic and insisted that he be burned at the stake despite his young age. Both Alfred and Arthur managed to convince the villagers that Ludwig was the one practicing magic.

Ludwig was arrested soon after and forced to stay in an old castle until his fate was decided; he was stripped of all his possessions, including Feliciano's broom stick, and given a single white night gown to wear. However, Ludwig found beauty in this awful place; everyday he would sneak into the corridor and look out one of two windows watching the trees and flowers dreaming of the day he would see his wonderful Feliciano again. Due to his young age, Ludwig was to be kept alive until he was 16 whern he would possibly be burned at the stake. Thankfully, a little over a year later the witch trials were over and Ludwig was set free. He was given back only half of the broomstick but that was enough for him.

On the day Ludwig turned 20 he climbed aboard a cargo ship and traveled back to Italy. He of course had no idea where Feliciano was or if the Italian even cared about him anymore, but he was willing to search the whole world for the little Italian he had fallen in love with so many years ago. Ludwig decided that the tree they spent so much time under would be the best place to start.

He arrived at Italy after about a month at sea, as soon as Ludwig stepped foot off the boat he began asking where to find the place he once called home. With the help of the locals, Ludwig was able to find his old house in only a few weeks, he spent no time reminiscing before making his way to the tree. It took Ludwig all but a few minutes to reach the tree and it didn't look much different apart from a few gashes in the trunk and the Italian boy asleep against it; without even having to ask, Ludwig knew that this boy was Feliciano. With a kind smile, Ludwig carefully kneeled in front of Feliciano and placed a hand on the other's shoulder gently shaking him awake.

Feliciano's eyes fluttered open and he cowerd back closer against the tree with a surprised squeak when he saw the man in front of him. Ludwig only chuckled, smiling wider and placed his hand against the Italian's cheek, "I told you I'd come back," he said looking into the other's eyes. The Italian's eyes were filled with confusion as well as fear, before a wave of realization washed over him and he jumped into Ludwig's arms. Feliciano hugged Ludwig tightly, crying tears of joy into his shoulder; Ludwig hugged Feliciano back crying a little himself. After 11 long years he finally had his precious little Italian back.