2 / xia ekavira

"mari kita bingung bersama!"

---

"And our last student, who is new to this village, Xia Ekavira!" The teacher smiled. Everyone turned their heads and stared a girl sitting in the corner of the class. Her hair is long and silver, and it is tied to a braid with a bow.

Everyone watched her walk in front of the class. She gave a wide smile and started introducing herself. "Halo! My name is Xia Ekavira! I'm a new student and I just moved in here a few days ago. I like playing games and one of my biggest hobbies is confusing people! I want to be a scientist so I can make potions to vanquish kazu demons. You're confused right? Me too. Let's be confused together!"

Everyone stared at her like she just grew another head.

Giggles and laughter can be heard throughout the room.

"Xia? What a weird name."

"I know right?"

"What a freak."

"Her name sounds like 'sia', y'know, the Sundanese word. SIA DITAJONG KU AING!!"

"WKWKWKWKKWKWKKWKWK!"

A smile is still plastered on Xia face, even though you can see she forced it. The teacher clapped her hands to catch the students' attention. "Everyone, please don't be mean to Xia. Just because she has a unique name, doesn't mean you can tease her for it!" 

Most student's settled down. The teacher let's Xia go back to her seat again. Melati glanced at Xia as she passed by her seat.

---

It's been a week since the first day of school. Melati already made some new friends. She's basically friends with the whole class now. Meanwhile Xia... Let's say she's not very lucky. She still sits by herself at lunch.

Melati never intended to approach her too. She didn't really know how to start a conversation with someone like Xia. 

Until one day, she was sitting across Xia as she rambles about many things.

'The teacher assigned me to work together with Xia. She's weird but, maybe she's not as bad as my friends thought she is...' Melati thought to herself.

A/N

Sorry for the shorter chapter ueueuue :') i'll try to make the next chapter longer