09 | A kiss and a phone

Start from the beginning

"Why would you even say you'll get bitten? And anyways, do you even like someone now?" I scoffed at him. He keeps on throwing questions since earlier.

"How about you?" I returned his question. Just like how I wanted to avoid his question, he avoided his gaze to me.

"So what?" He replied with sass. My smile immediately dropped when I felt something unexplainable but I just shrugged it off and teased him.

"Yieee, my Wu-jin is crushing on someone." For some unknown reason, I saw his cheeks turned red, and that unexplainable feeling of mine returned. What the actual hell?

"Aish, you go to them and give them food. Seriously, there's no point in talking to you." I gasped, slightly offended by his words, and playfully hit his arm before he could even walk away from me.

"Yah, I could say the same to you!" Wu-jin stuck his tongue out playfully which made me roll my eyes.

I then returned my attention to the lovebirds, who's just sitting there with a lovey-dovey atmosphere. I smirked at the sight before going to them.

"Yah..." I greeted them and they looked at me synchronously.

"Not to be a third wheel or what..." I fake coughed, mentally slapping my mouth for saying that, but I proceeded in what I'll say anyway. "Here... eat some food before you eat each oth– I mean, nevermind, just feed yourselves up, love you both." I awkwardly walk away from them. I still can't believe what I witnessed but I need to move on. But gosh, now I feel more single.

I sat in the chair beside Joon-yeong, and I suddenly remembered someone when I looked inside the supply room.

"Yah..." I whispered to Joon-yeong, who seemed flustered because of shock so I muttered a small 'sorry'. "Do you think she'll be okay there?" I asked him, referring to Na-yeon.

"She'll be, don't worry. But it's still her decision to... you know." He smiled softly which also made me smile but my attention quickly turned to Dae-su and Gyeong-su teasing an annoyed Wu-jin.

Suddenly, Nam-ra stood up and went near the window which made us stand up also. I-sak went to me and held my hand as we went to Nam-ra's direction.

"What if she's finally turning?" I heard Hyo-ryeong asked On-jo.

"What if hambies don't turn?" Dae-su suddenly chimed up making Hyo-ryeong startled, I shifted my gaze to Nam-ra who seemed worried.

"I hear it." She said, making us confused.

"What do you hear?"

Nam-ra looked at us. "I think someone is puking."

"What's puking?" Gyeong-su asked me, whispering, making me display a confused look.

"You don't know what's that?"

"What I mean is, what does she mean by puking?"

"I don't know either."

"It stopped." Nam-ra stated, which also made Gyeong-su and I stop whispering.

"What do you mean? What stopped?" Su-hyeok asked her, Nam-ra just has the same expression on her face. "The sound of puking."

"Stop it, you're scaring me." Hyo-ryeong said with a scared voice, I placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down a little.

"Don't you guys hear it?"

"No..." I looked at my friend worriedly. "We don't hear anything, Nam-ra ah."

Nam-ra then looked at Hyo-ryeong who's breathing pretty heavily right now.