001

It was storming really bad and all of a sudden I could hear chatter among the crew that there was someone out in sea.

The captain made a choice to go get them. We approached them and I ran over to the edge and stood next to my mom to see who it was I looked down to see a cute boy on some drift wood.

————————————————————————

     The bell starts ringing "All hands on deck" "All together now" "heave way" the red head yells. You look back from tying together a rope and see Jacob wrapping his hands.

"It's rude to stare" I quickly glance over to the red head. " I wasn't staring" I say as I roll my eyes and walk away carrying a barrel while she chuckles.

I heard a big thud as Jacob landed next to me after gliding down a rope. I glanced over at him and gave him a smile and he returned on back.

"Did you see it" he says handing me his spy glass and pointing at the ocean. He heads over to the captain as I open the spy glass and look out.

  I see my mom walk up and join their conversation and I continue to look out but I look out into this one area that is super cloudy/ foggy and see what looks like lighting but it was a brick or back attacking a ship.

I opened my mouth to say something but another crew member beat me to it she was in the basket at the top of the ship "Captain! It's another hunting ship under attack".

I walk closer to hear what they are saying "It's Jim nicklebones's ship" the captain say as I toss Jacob his spy glass back. "Looks like he found himself a brickleback" I say "Looks like it found him" my mom says still looking through her spy glass.

   "We have to help him" Jacob says to the captain as he turns and looks at the red bluster for a good minute. Breaking his train of thought the red head says "What course Captain?"

"WE PRESS ON" he yells.

"What?!" Me and Jacob say together as we look at each other.

"If Jim Nicklebones we're half the sea dog he says he is, he wouldn't be in this mess"  I furrow my eyebrows together as he says this.

"Caption you know the code" " It binds us to all who come before and all who come after" Jacob says.

"And even that rum gagger Jim Nicklebones" the captain sighs " Ms. Merino, set a new course" he yells.

"Aye Captain" "strike the spanker!" "Clew up for an' main" she says.

The Captain sighs " 30 years I've waited"

The ship started to turn and I walked off to go help set up and grabbed a basket of arrows.